FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars New French Tahiti inspired living room and Bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New French Tahiti inspired living room and Bar
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-25 6:14 pm   Permalink

Holy Cow!!! Great find...I lost a great trunk in the divorce...must find a replacement someday (for the trunk > not the ex). Fabulous trunk with the curved top and looks like leather...delightfully rustic.

Here is a great book that speaks to your living room style. Lot's of gorgeous pictures and very inspiring.
http://www.amazon.com/French-Island-Elegance-Michael-Connors/dp/0810958414/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372209097&sr=8-1&keywords=french+caribbean+decor

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-25 6:21 pm   Permalink

thanks long board I try, Id say about 30% of the stuff in the yard was thrown away and grabbed by me, lol!!

found four of these on Saturday, started cleaning em up this weekend and gonna varnish them soon, nice 5 foot tall empty shipping crates, thinking of stenciling something cool on em, like Rifle in French....

before.....

after......

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-25 6:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-25 18:14, VampiressRN wrote:
Holy Cow!!! Great find...I lost a great trunk in the divorce...must find a replacement someday (for the trunk > not the ex). Fabulous trunk with the curved top and looks like leather...delightfully rustic.

Here is a great book that speaks to your living room style. Lot's of gorgeous pictures and very inspiring.
http://www.amazon.com/French-Island-Elegance-Michael-Connors/dp/0810958414/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372209097&sr=8-1&keywords=french+caribbean+decor

thanks again, never even thought of looking for a book like these!!!! great and valuable resources thanks so much dear!!!!
yea the chest in in two pieces, but that's ok and there is copper or tin that looks like alligator hide. inside are newspapers from 1923 so Im guessing its at least that old!!!!m

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-04 12:34 pm   Permalink

Realized my living room was going more African safari than French island, so I had to bring in some tikis and a few odds and ends.....

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-30 7:50 pm   Permalink

moved my favorite tiki, gave him a French Kepi hat, and presto, he looks French Tahitian

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-30 7:59 pm   Permalink

Your place looks very nice. I like the French touch.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-30 10:45 pm   Permalink

Thanks Hiltiki, just started taking items from outside and the bedroom and moving em into the living room, it needs more tiki/Polynesian stuff though, got some new stuff coming in and a few lamps, but of course it will never be completely done lol

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-01 08:38 am   Permalink

had a chance to take a few pix, pulled some stuff out of the bedroom, found I didn't have enough tiki items in the living room

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-01 10:42 pm   Permalink

Looking even more intriguing. I have that same monkey lamp and a second similar matching one. Once I get my Egyptian bedroom done I will post pictures, but they certainly will not be as spectacular as yours. Are you a thrift store or antique store shopper or both? Love how you are blending items together so well. Keep up the great work and posting pics, you are an inspiration!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-02 12:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-01 22:42, VampiressRN wrote:
Looking even more intriguing. I have that same monkey lamp and a second similar matching one. Once I get my Egyptian bedroom done I will post pictures, but they certainly will not be as spectacular as yours. Are you a thrift store or antique store shopper or both? Love how you are blending items together so well. Keep up the great work and posting pics, you are an inspiration!!!

thanks so much!! yea, love the thrift store, yard sales, swap meets, antique stores as well as driving around on trash day, behind stores and down alleys, the stuff some people throw away!!! lol not to proud to say Ive brought home some pretty gnarly stuff over the years!! ive got some neat prints I wanna frame and hang up, but so much stuff is split between the back yard, front yard, bedroom, hall and now living room/dinning room!! need more stuff lol, not to mention at least one Witco to go on the wall!!!!

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-21 10:52 pm   Permalink

Moving soon................................

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-24 9:29 pm   Permalink

At least you already know how you like things arranged. Best of luck with the move and have fun building your dream world again.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation