advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Need Help Identifying Massive Tiki Find
Need Help Identifying Massive Tiki Find
Tomoko

Posted: 2013-06-18 11:51 am   Permalink

I am wondering who made this table. There is no manufacturer marking and I don't think it is Witco. Any ideas? Also wondering about the lava rock statues. There is also a beautiful carved wood sculpture of a woman's face. Unmarked. I am trying to find the artist.This is all from an estate sale in Dallas, Texas. The owner was a World War II vet. This is all original from the 1950-60's. The room was completely enclosed and barely used. Attaching a picture of the original room from the mid 50's.

[ This Message was edited by: Tomoko 2013-06-18 11:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tomoko 2013-06-18 11:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tomoko 2013-06-18 12:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tomoko 2013-06-18 12:05 ]

View Profile of Tomoko Send a personal message to Tomoko      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-18 11:59 am   Permalink

This looks like an estate sale...if it is are there any more photos of the bar?

Also what state is this in? I am curious if the back wall is the side of the house ..like around a pool outside.

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2013-06-18 12:00 ]

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-18 11:59 am   Permalink

It is only polite to say hello & thank people
when you ask for help, Manners much?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tomoko

Posted: 2013-06-18 12:10 pm   Permalink

It was an estate sale. I bought the entire room. It was enclosed and the walls were stone with an interior waterfall. The owner was (clinically) a hoarder and we had to unearth alot of this. I don't have any direct photos of the bar, which, sadly, was torn down after the sale. Thank you to all for any insights. This in Dallas, TX. And there was a pool, but you had to walk through large sliding doors to get to it. The room/bar was actually an addition to the house adjacent to their garage. I wish I had more photos. It was really amazing.

[ This Message was edited by: Tomoko 2013-06-18 12:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tomoko 2013-06-18 12:13 ]

View Profile of Tomoko Send a personal message to Tomoko      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-18 12:17 pm   Permalink

Well, Tomoko, welcome to the site. Be sure to go introduce yourself under General Tiki. There's an introductions thread. Now, on to your find:

That's a mighty nice witco stool that seems to have been turned into a table, and looks like quite a find for you. Congratulations. Looks like you'll be making yourself a fixture around these parts.

The rock pieces look like Mexico tourist stuff, and the bamboo furniture is all quite nice. The rest of it seems to just be things that the owner collected along the way. Nothing really within the known lexicon of "tiki," at least to my knowledge.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tomoko

Posted: 2013-06-18 12:20 pm   Permalink

Im sorry I didn't introduce myself. I kept getting a user error when I tried.

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-18 12:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the original photo--looks like that house had a great space for entertaining.

Yeah that Witco stool was turned into a table--odd that they only had 1 lone Witco piece considering that room looked pretty furnished. Perhaps there was some more scattered around/picked over already

if you also bought that table with the orange stools that slide underneath I love those sets.

I had 2 and sold both but they made entertaining easier with the extra room they created.

and that carving of the woman's face *could* be of Pele. I am not sure though because all the Peles I own are different versions of that sort of carving.

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2013-06-18 12:39 ]

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tomoko

Posted: 2013-06-18 1:48 pm   Permalink

I think the sculpture may be Paul Fujimoto. Alot of his stuff wasn't signed.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation