FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Can anyone please help me to find out the origin on this guy?
Can anyone please help me to find out the origin on this guy?
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-28 7:38 pm   Permalink

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-28 7:43 pm   Permalink

I've had him or her for about 7yrs and I just was moving it and realized that one of the legs and the base are termite eaten!!!! I had to amputate 2 inches off the right leg, but it looks pretty good (wood) I also realized the base was toe nailed I to the ankles ! Check it out!

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-29 12:00 am   Permalink

I am guessing here, but it does appear to have a Japanese influence in the design.
does this come alive at night and scream at people?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-29 05:09 am   Permalink

I think I saw something like that on Ogre Central.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cargo Cult

Posted: 2013-06-29 7:02 pm   Permalink

I'd say it was Indonesian (Javanese). It looks to me like Semar, though he's not quite fat enough. Did he start out with a black sarong?

View Profile of Cargo Cult Send a personal message to Cargo Cult      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-29 7:18 pm   Permalink

Well, on second look, I think it might be something that you'd find on some South Pacific atoll. Or not.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-29 7:24 pm   Permalink

It's definitely Asian, I thought it resembled some Japanese woodcuts I have seen before.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-29 7:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-29 19:24, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
It's definitely Asian, I thought it resembled some Japanese woodcuts I have seen before.

You're right, I think I saw something like it on Suntory Central.

hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-29 8:03 pm   Permalink

http://tattoospedia.com/tatuaje/Oni%20Mask%20Tattoo%20Pictures/Oni%20Mask%20Tattoo%20Pictures_15.jpg

You can wrap it up in plastic wrap real tight and put it in freezer for three weeks, that will take care of termites. There is a resin wood filler to fix the feet and you could put it all back together

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-01 01:25 am   Permalink

It's from Hyperborea.

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-01 05:23 am   Permalink

holy hell. that thing is great.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation