FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Kohala Bay Rum
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Kohala Bay Rum
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-16 7:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-04-16 14:37, kkocka wrote:
Quote:

On 2016-04-16 08:42, Loki-Tiki wrote:
Considering the weight (3.75 pounds per 1.75L bottle), and it's cross-country, I didn't think it was THAT bad.

The real bummer is that to ship from Miami to Orlando is about the same cost for whatever reason: maybe $24. =

Once it's loaded onto a truck it makes no difference whether it's travelling 100 miles or 1,000 miles. It's still going through the same amount of handling.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2016-04-17 05:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-04-16 19:38, swizzle wrote:
Once it's loaded onto a truck it makes no difference whether it's travelling 100 miles or 1,000 miles. It's still going through the same amount of handling.

True. And some use the "shipping" to make profit above and beyond the cost of the item. How many times have I bought some light-weight thing online and been charged $6 to ship it. Then it arrives in a first-class letter envelope. It does keep merchants in business, otherwise I just might not be able to buy all the cool stuff that's out there.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmtreePat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-18 1:08 pm   Permalink

Bad news. Sunset just emailed me to say that the item I'd ordered is out of stock.

View Profile of PalmtreePat Send a personal message to PalmtreePat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-18 2:03 pm   Permalink

Bummer Pat! You'll have to drive down to Santa Clarita to try some. I'm glad I got it just at the cutoff then. I opened it last night and tried a bit and couldn't make an immediate judgment. It sorta tasted cheap, but then I don't drink dark Jamaican rums neat. It had a strong burn but not like Meyers's.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quince_at_Dannys
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 30 days ago; 2:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-04-18 13:08, PalmtreePat wrote:
Bad news. Sunset just emailed me to say that the item I'd ordered is out of stock.

Uh oh. Just checked their website and "Kohala Bay" no longer returns search results.

View Profile of Quince_at_Dannys Send a personal message to Quince_at_Dannys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Uncle Pat

Posted: 25 days ago; 08:44 am   Permalink

I had a bad feeling when Star III in Stuart was out last week......

View Profile of Uncle Pat Send a personal message to Uncle Pat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
P. Duarte

Posted: 17 days ago; 2:11 pm   Permalink

Yes - I checked too. Sunset Corners is out. Roy's is out. Star Liquors III is out. RNDC currently don't have any in stock and have no time frame for when it will be back again. Furthermore, Carriage House Imports in NJ won't be getting anymore in stock. In short, looks like the distillery in Jamaica has well and truly ended production of this classic rum. Anyone who has an unopened bottle - don't open it! Long live Kohala Bay!

[ This Message was edited by: P. Duarte 2016-05-10 14:14 ]

View Profile of P. Duarte Send a personal message to P. Duarte      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 16 days ago; 6:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-05-10 14:11, P. Duarte wrote:
Yes - I checked too. Sunset Corners is out. Roy's is out. Star Liquors III is out. RNDC currently don't have any in stock and have no time frame for when it will be back again. Furthermore, Carriage House Imports in NJ won't be getting anymore in stock. In short, looks like the distillery in Jamaica has well and truly ended production of this classic rum. Anyone who has an unopened bottle - don't open it! Long live Kohala Bay!

[ This Message was edited by: P. Duarte 2016-05-10 14:14 ]

I think some inquiries to Wray and Nephew are in order.

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmtreePat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 9 days ago; 11:56 am   Permalink

I just got an email from sunset saying that the item I had ordered is avaliable again. False alarm? (I sure hope so.)

View Profile of PalmtreePat Send a personal message to PalmtreePat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation