FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery New Tiki carver.
New Tiki carver.
Dermdude

Posted: 2013-06-30 06:30 am   Permalink

Just finish my 4th Tiki. First with a chainsaw, pretty stoked!

View Profile of Dermdude Send a personal message to Dermdude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-30 09:15 am   Permalink

Nice "compressed" look. I like the nose, very stylized yet clear. I am uncertain about the dots around the eyes. And I like the palm tree bark left on the bottom.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-06-30 10:16 am   Permalink

Ditto what Bigbro said.

Looking good for beginning Tiki carver.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dermdude

Posted: 2013-07-01 12:56 am   Permalink

Thanks Guys! I was trying to decide what to do with the base. Loved the texture so decided to leave it. The dots were just reference. I was trying to decide if I wanted to put etchings or face style tattoos around the eyes. Think I have decided against it. Also made feet to keep it off the ground while it continues to cure. Indoor piece so leaving natural wood. No staining, poly or burning as I have seen in others.

View Profile of Dermdude Send a personal message to Dermdude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CrazyCapizzi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-01 5:42 pm   Permalink

Looks very good for your 4th one. My advise is don't be shy about going deeper on your details. we'll have to get together some time.

View Profile of CrazyCapizzi Send a personal message to CrazyCapizzi  Goto the website of CrazyCapizzi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 8:07 pm   Permalink

keep 'em comin'...

go deeper!

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation