[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars A Tiki Bar created by an un-handyman
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
A Tiki Bar created by an un-handyman
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 05:34 am   Permalink

I'll be your rum lovin' friend!

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Retrotender

Posted: 2013-07-04 07:43 am   Permalink

Field trip anyone? That is a beautiful space and a beautiful collection of rum! Good on ya!

View Profile of Retrotender Send a personal message to Retrotender      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-04 07:48 am   Permalink

Thanks for the kind words, folks. It's appreciated!

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-04 10:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-30 13:32, djmont wrote:
There are a few on the list -- the cheap Bacardi, the Sergeant Classick come to mind -- that I wouldn't drink except under extraordinary circumstances. But I hate pouring our booze. I always figure I can serve them in a punch of something.

Echoing the sentiments of others here — Awesome rum collection! At my peak I had about half of that and I think even that had me wife considering a divorce!

Although I haven't yet tried the Sergeant Classick light, the Classick Gold makes en excellent and what I believe to be an historically accurate pirate's
Bumbo (rum, a splash of water, grated nutmeg, cinnamon, etc.). Most of the Caribbean rum during the golden age of piracy would have been pot stilled but probably not aged for very long. It is actually pretty hard to find an unaged potstill rum, but that is exactly what Sergeant Classic is. Sadly, I am seeing it around these parts less and less, and when I find it it is often on closeout, so I am not sure how the brand is doing overall.

I seldom bother with more than a handful of white rums, but I am curious about the Classick light. djmont, is there any potstill ester funkiness that you can discern when you taste that one neat?

[Apologies for the temporary threadjack of the home bar forum for rum talk. You can now go back to making me jealous with all your great home Tiki sanctuaries!]

[ This Message was edited by: Sunny&Rummy 2013-07-04 10:14 ]

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-05 08:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-01 05:46, Hale Tiki wrote:
I don't know how to tell you this, but someone left a liquor store in your basement. Like the whole store. Fortunately for you, the store had great shelving.

Lol, it was exactly what I was thinking when I saw the pictures, the only thing missing is a checkout stand.

A great job and an impressive rum inventory. Let me know when you are having any clearance sales

[ This Message was edited by: Dr. Coruba 2013-07-05 08:15 ]

View Profile of Dr. Coruba Send a personal message to Dr. Coruba  Email Dr. Coruba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-05 11:56 am   Permalink

I don't recall much about the taste of the Sergreant Classick, other than that I didn't like it. I looked around for the open bottle, but I think I gave it away. I do have an unopened bottle, though, so if I ever open it, I'll try to remember to taste it for you. (I bought two in the first place because it was on clearance. I don't think it's being distributed anymore.)

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-05 2:52 pm   Permalink

It is not often one finds an exalted example of clarity and mindful purpose.

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-07 1:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-30 11:32, djmont wrote:
The sad part is, none of my friends really drink rum.

Sad? Look at it this way: More Rum for you!!! Happy!!!

Just wondering about the lighting in the photos... is that the way the lighting always looks, or are all lights up to get a good shot of the room? Have you considered adding some fish float lights, or other tiki type lamps? You can then bring down the general lighting and create a really great atmosphere with a moody tiki-bar ambiance!

Of course the lighting as it is now is perfect for a fabulously well-stocked high-end liquor store! (when can we come shopping?)

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-07 1:56 pm   Permalink

The lights are up all the way for the pictures. They're on two separate dimmers, so they can be adjusted. I'd like to add some hanging lights, too. Maybe one of these days.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation