FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » OHANA Luau at the Lake 2014: official thread
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
OHANA Luau at the Lake 2014: official thread
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 5:07 pm   Permalink

ALOOOOOOOOOOHA ALL!!!

While the spilled rum hasn't even dried on the pavement of The Tiki Resort in Lake George, New York, we wanted to give everyone a heads-up on the scoop for 2014.

Ohana will once, again, be held at the Historic Tiki Resort in Lake George, NY - June 27-29, 2014

Rooms are booking-up very fast for 2014, with over 2/3 of rooms already booked at The Tiki for 2014!!
If you've been thinking of coming to Ohana next year, don't delay booking your room if you want to stay at The Tiki Resort.

Here's the Rate information for 2014:

Poolside motel rooms - $149
Hotel building (2 queens) - $164
Hotel building (king) - ALL GONE!
Hotel building queen w/ kitchenette - $173
Patio room - $184

There is no online booking, you must call the Tiki Resort and request a room in the Ohana block. 518-668-5744.

GOHANA!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: croe67 2013-07-02 17:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: croe67 2013-07-02 17:37 ]

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 5:33 pm   Permalink

Booked and ready to go!

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 6:55 pm   Permalink

Booked and waiting.....

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queequeg

Posted: 2013-07-03 06:57 am   Permalink

Booked and recovering...

View Profile of Queequeg Send a personal message to Queequeg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-04 6:29 pm   Permalink

A little birdie tells me rooms are going fast so don't delay.

-Rev

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Boom Boom Room
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-05 5:06 pm   Permalink

Is the event one day shorter next year? This year was June 27-30 (includes Thursday). Next year is June 27-29 (no Thursday). I'd like to know whether there will be a Thursday night party so I know whether to book a room Thursday night. Mahalo.

View Profile of Boom Boom Room Send a personal message to Boom Boom Room      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-05 5:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-05 17:06, Boom Boom Room wrote:
Is the event one day shorter next year? This year was June 27-30 (includes Thursday). Next year is June 27-29 (no Thursday). I'd like to know whether there will be a Thursday night party so I know whether to book a room Thursday night. Mahalo.

Yes, indeed, there will be a Thursday event event, again.
As usual, there will be a separate ticket for Thursday & the specifics of what it will be, etc. are TBA for several months. - but guaranteed that it will be wacky fun as always

See ya at The Lake!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-06 5:09 pm   Permalink

Thursday is the Kick-Off Party and a chance to take advantage of the awesome timelessness of the Whispers Ball Room at the Tiki Resort.... It's like Tiki Meets Disco Meets Weddings Meets Convention Center... and that doesn't even really begin to accurately describe it. If your travel plans allow, you most definitely want to arrive on Thursday, or as much earlier as you can. We don't yet know what the party theme will be, only that it will be fun and make you laugh and most likely make you dance.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-08 11:44 am   Permalink

Or it could be a boat cruise. Or a retro bowling night. Or whatever else the fevered brain of Bargoyle comes up with.

-Rev

Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-08 8:44 pm   Permalink

The Cruise last year was fun!

Our Captains....

But the Bowl-A-Rama the year before was quite a bit of fun as well....

And who could forget the Prom from the year before that?

So if your travel plans allow do plan on being at the Tiki Resort for the Thursday Party.... you won't regret it.

Much.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-23 06:24 am   Permalink

NEWS FLASH

All rooms at The Tiki Resort are booked for Ohana 2014.

Blocks of rooms are available at two additional hotels:

The Windsor Motel
518-668-0100
info@WindsorLakeGeorge.com

The Fort William Henry Hotel & Conference Center
fortwilliamhenry.com
800-234-0267 or 518-668-3081

Ask for a room in the OHANA block to get a discounted room rate!

-Rev

Zonker88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-23 07:56 am   Permalink

Holy cow! That was fast.

View Profile of Zonker88 Send a personal message to Zonker88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-25 6:22 pm   Permalink

Yes. Record time.

rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-15 06:40 am   Permalink

For those of you not on the mailing list, here are the latest ramblings from our old Uncle Bargoyle.

AloooooooooooooooooHA!!!

I hope the new year finds everyone safe and sound, and hopefully above single digit temperatures at last! Perhaps the memories of Ohana past and the threat…errr, promise, of Ohana future will keep you warm. No? How about a Hot Toddy? Not doing it huh? Ok fine, you can turn on the space heater, but only for 20 minutes and make sure that door is shut tight! We’re not paying to heat the outdoors!

So, Ohana. What news have I about Ohana? Glad you asked. Big news actually!

First, Ohana tickets will be on sale during the last week of January…lets say, Tuesday the Twenty-Eighth at 10:22AM, because I like alliteration.

Tickets this year will be $90 each, and that’s still an ALL INCLUSIVE ticket. Yes, that includes dinner on Saturday night, the Polynesian show, access to the vendors, the silent auction, games, all the bands, the room crawl, amazing swag bags, and all the late night/mid-day/early morning shenanigans you’ve come to expect, plus a few surprises.

And YES we’re doing a Thursday kickoff event again this year but we’re still putting the final touches on that, so I don’t have a price point yet (but it’ll be cheap again and chock full of food, drinks, music and awesome), so if you can get out a day early, I promise to make it worth your while. Have I ever let you down yet? Don’t answer that! I’m happy in my bubble of denial.

Ok, so a quick recap… tickets.. $90, includes everything, 1/28/14 10.22am EST on the website (
http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com )

Kickoff hopefully for sale at the same time, probably in the $20 to $30 area, more info to come on that front VERY soon. VERY VERY soon.

And remember, the event WILL and DOES sell out. Just having a room at the Tiki does NOT get you into Ohana. You need a ticket, and unfortunately we can only accommodate so many people, so be sure to buy yours early!!

Which leads me to the other big news….

We’d love for OHANA: Luau At the Lake to be bigger, but the venue can only hold so many people. We hate turning folks away every year. It makes me feel bad, and it effects the money we raise for the Easter Island Foundation (Don’t forget, Ohana is for charity!). And while I wish we could have Ohana every weekend as some have suggested, just to make sure everyone gets a chance to enjoy it… well, that would kill me. Plus, I’m crazy, but not THAT crazy!

So, as a compromise, we’ve decided to add a SECOND annual OHANA, starting Spring of 2015. This will allow more folks to experience the wacky awesome aloha that you guys bring, raise more money for charity, and keep the party going just a little longer each year. That’s just full of win!!

Yeah, you read that right. Starting spring of 2015, OHANA: Luau By The Sea will launch in beautiful, bright, sunny South Florida.

We’re already hard at work on it and will have more details to release soon.

I think we’ve already got a facepage and everything set up, so you can follow the developments there ( https://www.facebook.com/OhanaSea ), or you can always join the discussion over at the F.O.M. by visiting us at http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org

As always, I can't thank you enough for your continued support, and we’ll see ya at the Lake! (And next year, by the Sea as well!!!)

-Bargoyle
http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com

ps. Just in case it wasn't clear, we're talking about TWO Ohanas every year starting 2015. We're still going to do our Lake George thing at the Tiki every year until we wear out our welcome. Who loves ya?

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-15 12:54 pm   Permalink

Really glad to see that someone will be picking up the Tiki Torch!!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation