[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars My little bar by the pool
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
My little bar by the pool
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-27 7:01 pm   Permalink

I just had to laugh at the comment above about how much $$$ you'd have saved if you hadn't ever found this site. Ain't THAT the truth?!?!?!?

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRetardo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-08-02 9:59 pm   Permalink

.........a little bartop upgrade

View Profile of TikiRetardo Send a personal message to TikiRetardo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRetardo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-08-02 10:07 pm   Permalink

View Profile of TikiRetardo Send a personal message to TikiRetardo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRetardo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-08-02 10:16 pm   Permalink

................oops sideways again

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-02 11:33 pm   Permalink

T R, that looks good. How did you do it?
Mahalo

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRetardo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-08-03 5:34 pm   Permalink

............simple as that

Bam Bam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-08-03 6:20 pm   Permalink

...I absolutely must remember this idea for the future. Excellent!

View Profile of Bam Bam Send a personal message to Bam Bam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-03 10:53 pm   Permalink

Mahalo T R. Pictures are indeed worth a thousand words.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRetardo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-08-03 11:10 pm   Permalink

I hope it helped some ? The epoxy I used wasn't anything special ( I am sure there is better stuff ). I poured it in layers ,it wasn't too hard to do. The LED lighting is the cheap stuff you find online . I do keep the bar covered most of the time to try and minimize sun damage .......but if it gets ruined it will give me a reason to tear it apart to do something else .

Hearn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-08-04 09:49 am   Permalink

Awesome job. Love it!

Did you encase the LED Strips inside the poured epoxy?

View Profile of Hearn Send a personal message to Hearn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRetardo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-08-04 10:43 am   Permalink

Yep put everything in the trough I created including the lights and started pouring epoxy over the whole deal.......I will admit it came out better than I expected and the seashells had more color after they were submerged in epoxy

[ This Message was edited by: TikiRetardo 2016-08-04 10:44 ]

W8N2Surf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 20 days ago; 08:33 am   Permalink

Anyone with a pool needs one of these, good work.

View Profile of W8N2Surf Send a personal message to W8N2Surf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 20 days ago; 12:50 pm   Permalink

It looks great. It will be interesting to see how it holds up. I've read that epoxy will yellow/crack with exposure to sunlight. I guess the LEDs should be okay...the strips seem to hold up fairly well. Most of the time the issues I've had are the power supplies or the connections between strips.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRetardo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 16 days ago; 10:44 pm   Permalink

The epoxy has been in for about a year and a half .....I am sure it has yellowed some but not much . I live in Northern California so it gets its fair share of heat and sun .I keep the bartops covered with sheets when not in use . The only lighting problem I have had is one of the control boxes filled with water over the winter and had to be replaced .I am currently planning to expand the bar so new tops will have to be made

TikiRetardo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 16 days ago; 10:55 pm   Permalink

There it is all covered up .....and I apologize for the sideways pic

[ This Message was edited by: TikiRetardo 2016-09-11 22:58 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation