Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Portland OR Home Bars
Portland OR Home Bars
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-11 10:15 am   Permalink

With Tiki Kon right around the corner we have been getting a lot of press this week! Here is the Willamette Week article that just came out yesterday!

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-20875-zombie_underground.html

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-11 11:01 am   Permalink

wow, very very cool!!!!!! love your pad and bar and mugs!!!!! I have something to shoot for!!!very very awesome!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-15 01:30 am   Permalink

"These are basement bars, built by people in Hawaiian print shirts who invite..." Now you know what to wear when building your Tiki bar.
Nice article. Glad Munktiki got so much coverage, their whole house is really spectacular. And I fondly remember sitting in the Low Brow Lanai.

The only thing is that I wish the writer would have mentioned somehow that these places have a history, that the concept of tropical rumpus rooms comes from the 30s, 40s and 50s,, and pointed out that these are built in that tradition...while to this day, existing vintage rumpus rooms are destroyed in un-informed home renovations. The way the article reads now, they are built by over-active Tiki geeks.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-15 04:34 am   Permalink

Quote:
Now you know what to wear when building your Tiki bar.

Dang it...I knew I was forgetting something (building my bar right now).

Nice tiki spaces for sure!

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2013-07-15 10:27 pm   Permalink

"So they turn their basements, their backyards, entire rooms of their homes into personal Polynesian asylums. And your neighbor just might be one."

They say that like it is a bad thing...LOL.

Great pictures. Nice shelf Paul!!! Great collection Marci & Austin. Monkey Hut is over the top. I hope to make it up north to Kon Tiki sometime, it looks like a blast.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation