[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Call for tiki mug photos
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Call for tiki mug photos
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-14 4:49 pm   Permalink

Sooo, I'm working on a book about tiki mugs.

It's in the beginning stages, and I'm not ready to discuss details, but I am looking for submissions of tiki mug photos to use in the book. Anyone who submits a photo that gets used will be credited in the book, and if you like, I'll also provide a link to a URL of your choosing (within limits! ).

I'm looking for photos of tiki mugs that you own. Here's the criteria:

• Sharp, well-lit photos.
  • The more angles, the better!
  • Preferably at least 2000 x 1500 resolution. Any recent camera of 3MP (megapixels) or higher should be fine.
  • Photographed on a contrasting background or, if you've got an artistic flair, in a scene of your choosing.
  • Group shots are OK, but individual mugs are preferred.
  • Any information you think is relevant or interesting about the mug.

If you're interested in submitting photographs, please send them to
mugs@tikimugbook.com. I'll contact you for additional details, and provide a release for their use (in which it will be stated that the photos belong to you, and you are only granting permission for them to be used for this book—I won't own your photos, and I won't use them for anything else!).

This is such a great community, and I'm always excited to see what people here have to offer in terms of collections as well as creativity. I'm very excited to see your submissions.

Thanks for your help! I promise I'll post more details as the project continues. You're also welcome to contact me at the above address or in a PM if you have any questions.

For those who are curious, I'm an experienced, published author, and I know what's involved—this isn't a pie-in-the-sky project. I'm very serious about devoting the time and energy required to carry it to completion and do it well.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-15 07:56 am   Permalink

Thats sounds nice! Here is the Tiki Hell mug. A special mug created for and about the room party TIKI HELL held every year at Tiki Oasis. The mug was created by Notch G. the super creative owner of Lost Tiki Island co. Working with Vic, of the North bay Rum Bums, (The crew who does the Tiki Helll party) They came up with the design. Notch took it from there! Every year the color is different and all the mugs are numbered. I put this out for consideration. Cheers!

1st edition mug!

back side.

This year's mug is being made as we speak and will be available at Tiki Oasis 13!

View Profile of Big Vic Send a personal message to Big Vic  Email Big Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-15 08:12 am   Permalink

Big Vic,

That's great! Can you send the photos to the email link I provided above? Posting them on Tiki Central does ...unpleasant things... to the images.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-15 12:51 pm   Permalink

I was going to do a nice photo of 3 color variations of that mug for Instagram... I'll send it to the email address provided, along with a ton of others. What's your deadline to get the photos?

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-15 1:01 pm   Permalink

No deadline yet, there's plenty of work to be done.

Big Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-15 1:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-15 12:51, Kiwi Steve wrote:
I was going to do a nice photo of 3 color variations of that mug for Instagram... I'll send it to the email address provided, along with a ton of others. What's your deadline to get the photos?

Three colors of the Tiki Hell Mug?

View Profile of Big Vic Send a personal message to Big Vic  Email Big Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-15 1:15 pm   Permalink

I'm sad I didn't get one last year when I was at Tiki O. I had a lot of fun at the Tiki Hell party.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-15 1:17 pm   Permalink

They'll have a new version this year! Yes, come back to hell.

Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-15 2:29 pm   Permalink

The brown/red version, red/black version & violet prototype. The Tiki Hell room party was amazing!!!! Sorry to hijack your thread TikiTacky.

TikiTacky... As time goes on, let me know if you need a particular mug to fill a gap in your submissions. I'm going on 500 different mugs & I know a lot of people with huge collections as well...

I used to be a professional sports photographer, but I don't have much still life experience. I love this assignment!

[ This Message was edited by: Kiwi Steve 2013-07-15 14:39 ]

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 6:56 pm   Permalink

Work is progressing nicely. Lots of research, and so it takes quite a bit of time. Thanks to everyone who has submitted images and ideas! I'll be contacting more of you soon with individual requests.

Keep 'em coming!

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 7:04 pm   Permalink

How is your book/publication going to differ from Jay Strongman's book?

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 7:14 pm   Permalink

^ The more the merry with anything tiki. I like how you are requesting mug pictures. I'll have to send you some. I got many mugs that no one has seen. I'll buy your book for sure just like I bought the others.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 7:15 pm   Permalink

For one, it will be available without shelling out $300 for a used copy.

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 9:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-07 19:15, TikiTacky wrote:
For one, it will be available without shelling out $300 for a used copy.

So your book is going to be the same as Jay's but just cheaper?

Ok, thanks for the further explanation.

I agree there is always room for more tiki related books so good luck to you on your project!

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2013-08-07 22:00 ]

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 11:03 pm   Permalink

I honestly can't compare the two, as I have no way of obtaining Jay's book. I'm sure they'll be similar in some ways and very different in others. The little bit of his book I've been able to find online looks very well put together.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation