[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Call for tiki mug photos
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Call for tiki mug photos
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-12-27 5:30 pm   Permalink

Just a heads up, this is still a thing. Wendy Cevola has been incredibly gracious and is helping me with a chapter on the making of a tiki mug, and many other people have volunteered photos and other info. A lot of my off-the-wall posts have been related to content, and I'm doing a tremendous amount of research. My hope is that the book will contain information that's new to many of you. I'm doing my best on fact checking, so as you can imagine it's a monumental undertaking. Much of the information out there is wrong or misleading, so I'm trying to be very thorough in checking everything I can. Cross-checking dates, trademark searches, etc.

If you have information about tiki mugs or manufacturers that you'd care to share, please feel free to contact me. Contributors will be credited in the book. Also, if you'd like to contribute photos from your collection for inclusion, that's appreciated as well. Anyone contributing photos will be credited and get a URL link of their choice in the book.

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far, I really appreciate everyone's willingness to share what they have, and for putting up with my occasionally inappropriate inquisitiveness.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2013-12-27 17:31 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-27 9:35 pm   Permalink

Luckily I bought that one at retail price, $35. I have seen them getting cheaper on eBay lately. I thought the last one went for like $50 so keep checking. It's s great book.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-31 7:28 pm   Permalink

Oceanic Arts was selling a copy of that Tiki Mugs book for $80. I bet if you called them they would ship it too Tikitacky.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-31 7:44 pm   Permalink

you should do like I do; go on ebay and right click the photos of tiki mugs for sale, its public domain

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-31 8:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-12-31 19:44, Pele Paul wrote:
you should do like I do; go on ebay and right click the photos of tiki mugs for sale, its public domain

That's not true, Tiki Farm, Crazy Al & other artists own the TM to those mugs, you will still need their permission
to print pictures of them.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-31 8:32 pm   Permalink

You can not publish any photos from eBay without the photographer's permission and sometimes the subject's creator's permission as well.

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-12-31 9:11 pm   Permalink

Don't worry, I'm not snagging photos off eBay (although that would definitely make my life easier!). I'm asking everyone whether I have permission to use their work. For the ones that don't offer permission, I make other attempts to get images of similar mugs. Luckily most of them are available elsewhere.

So far most people have been very gracious. I've had a few non-responses, but only one outright "no" so far.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-01 12:36 pm   Permalink

I'm not worried about you. I'm just informing Pele Paul... Hopefully, I'll get my photos to you soon!!!!!! Cheers!!!!!

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation