[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Enchanted Tiki room figurines from 1963
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Enchanted Tiki room figurines from 1963
tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-22 08:01 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the responses! I still have a couple of more questions. How many different 'models' of Tike Babies descend from the tree? Also, who sculpted the originals, was it Blaine Gibson? I met him several times as a teenager and he was not only an astounding portraitist and sculpture, but also a really kind and unassuming guy.

View Profile of tigertail Send a personal message to tigertail      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-22 3:47 pm   Permalink

I can look next time I am in the park (they haven't really changed the design much so the babies should still be the same). For the sculptor, you might want to check with Dave Smith at the Disney Archives for that info.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-23 09:47 am   Permalink

I will do that. Here is the fourth figurine, it is a familiar one...

View Profile of tigertail Send a personal message to tigertail      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-23 1:25 pm   Permalink

Tigertail, it was great to chat with you at Tonga Hut on Sunday! Thanks for posting these photos of those great classic tiki figures! Awesome!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
xtine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-26 3:33 pm   Permalink

These are AWESOME!

View Profile of xtine Send a personal message to xtine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-27 04:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-22 15:47, wizzard419 wrote:
I can look next time I am in the park (they haven't really changed the design much so the babies should still be the same). For the sculptor, you might want to check with Dave Smith at the Disney Archives for that info.

Dave retired a year or so ago. But the staff will take great care of you.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-27 10:54 am   Permalink

He still apparently answers fan questions on the archive's page (though I have a feeling the staff do most of the legwork).

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-30 7:56 pm   Permalink

Those are incredibly awesome! I am pretty sure Rolly Crump sculpted those, but I may be wrong. Regardless, they are very beautiful from one tiger to another.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation