FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut coming to Palm Springs 11/2013
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tonga Hut coming to Palm Springs 11/2013
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-16 08:47 am   Permalink

Very nice! Love a modern tiki bar!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-16 10:46 pm   Permalink

Thank you guys for all of the encouragement. It has been a pleasure to design and work on this awesome project. i guess the cats out of the bag so here is a tiny sneak peek .
pre and post wwII exotic and nautical artifacts I have collected for a very special room I am doing. I am striving to do my best and use all of my skills to create a perfect traditional tiki room. Chinese newsprint on corrugated roofing, vintage Chinese tiles, Neou Panels, vintage tapa, an authentic 14 foot outrigger,SQUARE bamboo, and no imported tikis!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-29 9:52 pm   Permalink

Amy:

As a long time desert resident, I am so THRILLED to see that you have helped to bring a real tiki bar to our desert. Honestly, LA , San Francisco, and San Diego were getting to be too far to drive for a great drink and some wonderful atmosphere.

I intend to be a regular.

I intend to bring my friends so they can be regulars.

I am wondering, will you be serving RAMAKI. It really does have a history in our desert. Maybe a healthy version if anything.

I saw the place from the outside the other day and simply can't wait to your open.

What's the ETA.

Thank you and everyone who is a part of this venture.

And for all of you none Desert Rats, Palm Springs is becoming quite the hip spot for Handcrafted cocktails. The movement out here is taking hold.

From the Workshop, The Bar, and even the IW club, it seems people are getting the idea that good drinks matter. What has been missing from this movement is the quality atmosphere that a great tiki place can bring.

My hope is that the Chamber of Commerce will capitalize on this movement and help spread the word that Palm Springs is the place for hip drinkers everywhere. The Tonga Hut is coming to the right spot.

By the way, from looking at the videos of the place so far and comparing them to your competition - the place will absolutely blow the competition out of the water once the word gets out.

Yours,

Telescopes, AKA Doc

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-29 11:45 pm   Permalink

Congrats Danny, I am so glad you had a place where your talent can shine, it's been a while since someone let ya! I am looking forward to returning to the country and to experience this oasis in the company of good friends!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tele295
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-11-30 8:13 pm   Permalink

I'll be in town late January. What's the address?

View Profile of Tele295 Send a personal message to Tele295  Goto the website of Tele295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-03 07:49 am   Permalink

Thanks Doc! We( Kevin, Claudia, Jeremy and myself) are very excited as well. We knew Palm Springs history and we hope we can bring a little tiki magic back to Palm Sorings. We will keep you posted on our opening!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-04 3:58 pm   Permalink

danny is tearin it up! go get em! it looks killer!!!!

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-08 09:04 am   Permalink

Had a great time at THPS. What a great looking venue - So, who are the tikiphiles out here other than myself who can help put together a TC night each week at Tonga Hut Palm Springs once it is officially open.

Questions: Are Happy Hours on the horizon?

Will bands be a regular happening?

Also, I have to say, the manager? - the woman, I think her name is Wen (I am guessing on the spelling) seemed on the ball, interested in doing things correctly, and on top of her game. My daughter and I had great service. The rumaki was SO spot on. In fact, all of the dishes were fantastically done in a way that would have made Donn himself smile.

And the decor - from the Bali Hai type map on the balcony, the bar, the dining room, and the secret room with its back balcony, will really make people trip. Remember how tiki was an escapist get away. Well, this place will do it for you and actually has its own secrets.

Congratulations to everyone at THPS!

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2013-12-08 09:55 am   Permalink

Lost Tonga Hut pendant, help needed! I lost my Tonga Hut pendant at Tonga Hut Palm Springs last night ... Most likely it fell off somewhere in the Tonga Hut. It is of the utmost importance because it is supposed to be the master used to make more TH pendants. The pendant is a pale gray/green with "Tonga Hut" written on the back. Please return to me or Tonga Hut, it would be greatly appreciated!

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki

Posted: 2013-12-09 01:06 am   Permalink

Anyone have photos to share? (Or details on location-specific mugs?)
e.

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-09 06:20 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2013-12-08 09:55, Tonga Tom wrote:
Lost Tonga Hut pendant, help needed! I lost my Tonga Hut pendant at Tonga Hut Palm Springs

Pendent found

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-17 10:05 pm   Permalink

Seriously, lets get some updates. I can't wait for better news other than "Pendant Found".

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-17 11:25 pm   Permalink

Still waiting on the Liquor license, I hear.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-21 10:28 pm   Permalink

Danny did a awesome job on this build. But any build Danny does is RAD!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-03 12:46 pm   Permalink

Any news on eta regarding L?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation