FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » WTB - Big Lots Pele
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
WTB - Big Lots Pele
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-14 4:15 pm   Permalink

"It is my understanding as an online seller, it is ultimately the seller's responsibility for the item to arrive safely"

That's how I feel.
The sale is not over till the customer gets item safely.
Why did at least one of you guys not insure the item?
Even if seller does not pay for ins I always put it on at my cost.

But then the one time I had a light break in shipping I lost the ins info
and had to send new light at my cost.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-14 5:14 pm   Permalink

At least mine died in a glorious fashion. It was knocked over by Violetta Beretta while she was Mexican wrestling in our room party at Tiki Oasis.

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-14 7:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-14 17:14, Rob Roy wrote:
At least mine died in a glorious fashion. It was knocked over by Violetta Beretta while she was Mexican wrestling in our room party at Tiki Oasis.

That's a dignified death for any tiki!

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-15 01:00 am   Permalink

demand a refund...

straight up...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-16 12:50 pm   Permalink

so, this dude won't even refund half of your money?

what a scumbag...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-17 8:54 pm   Permalink

Apparently not.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-17 11:41 pm   Permalink

Jimflies, don't expect anything from White Devil. He has transference issues and thinks that he can do no wrong and that it's everyone else's fault. He is just as bad as Bitch Doctor. Go after him thru paypal and or your credit card and or postal insurance. He is going to fight you all the way. He has no business ethics.

View Profile of mymotiki Send a personal message to mymotiki  Email mymotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-18 10:08 am   Permalink

I'm not taking any sides here, but I don't feel it's reasonable to expect the seller to pay for shipping expenses. I sell a lot on eBay and shipping costs are only getting higher and higher. If a buyer requests a particular shipping option that the seller isn't comfortable with, I think it falls on the seller to say "I can ship it that way, but I can't be responsible for damages" and get an OK from the buyer first. If a buyer requests shipping that is likely to result in broken merchandise, why should the seller be responsible? He'll be out shopping costs and his item.

In the future, I think it's best to communicate these concerns ahead of time.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-18 6:26 pm   Permalink

I'm still not convinced that USPS is any worse than UPS as far as damaging items. We didn't have any discussion about if the item gets broken using USPS that it would be all on me. I guess it would be interesting to know if I had gone with UPS, if White Devil would have refunded any part of the transaction?

I still think 50/50 split seems like a fair deal for both of us.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-19 08:45 am   Permalink

So if Sears dropped off a washing machine to your house White Devil and it was
F$#@ed up you would say...
"it's cool, no need to send a new one"

And insurance would have been like two bucks on this.
Come on guys write ins and shipping into the price or just
charge it to the person who you sell to.

If you are up front on your sales and think about this stuff
you can avoid all of this ill will.
This kind of mess up can prevent others from buying items here on
Tiki Central.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-19 10:43 am   Permalink

I agree. I didn't even think about the insurance but would have sprung for it (of course its easy to say in hind sight).

Atomobile
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-21 5:56 pm   Permalink

I have two of these Pele Big Lots statues in MINT condition that I would be willing to sell. I would not ship these, though. I will be at MOD in Palm Springs and I will be at Disneyland the last weekend in September. I would be happy to bring them if anyone is interested.
Louis

View Profile of Atomobile Send a personal message to Atomobile      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-22 06:24 am   Permalink

Bummer...too far of a drive for me.

jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-22 06:24 am   Permalink

double post

[ This Message was edited by: jimsflies 2013-08-23 03:03 ]

Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-22 8:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-21 17:56, Atomobile wrote:
I have two of these Pele Big Lots statues in MINT condition that I would be willing to sell. I would not ship these, though. I will be at MOD in Palm Springs and I will be at Disneyland the last weekend in September. I would be happy to bring them if anyone is interested.
Louis

PM sent...

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation