FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Tiki Drink Pitcher from Spencers Gifts
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Drink Pitcher from Spencers Gifts
Rock-A-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-09 3:42 pm   Permalink

I dont think this has been discussed before, but I found this at Spencers Gifts and it was only $14.99. I thought some might be interested.

View Profile of Rock-A-Tiki Send a personal message to Rock-A-Tiki  Email Rock-A-Tiki Goto the website of Rock-A-Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-09 6:21 pm   Permalink

Very cool. I hadn't seen that before. I might have to run to Spencers after I get back from my cruise. WOOHOO! Shopping Trip!

Thanks for posting that.

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CruzinTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-09 7:58 pm   Permalink

Very nice! Is it plastic or ceramic?

View Profile of CruzinTiki Send a personal message to CruzinTiki  Email CruzinTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-09 8:14 pm   Permalink

Yep I got one here in Baltimore for that price as well. It will look great filled with Mai Tais.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rock-A-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-09 8:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-09 19:58, CruzinTiki wrote:
Very nice! Is it plastic or ceramic?

It's Ceramic.

View Profile of Rock-A-Tiki Send a personal message to Rock-A-Tiki  Email Rock-A-Tiki Goto the website of Rock-A-Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-09 8:55 pm   Permalink

It's a great pitcher - I got one for Christmas. It looks like it holds quite a bit, but I've yet to actually use mine. (It looks too nice on display!) The same company makes a big orange tiki cookie jar, too! This was actually discussed months ago, (I'm too lazy to search for the thread) but it's worth bringing up again!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-09 9:02 pm   Permalink

Man that's one of the swellest nuevo Tiki items I've seen. Thanks for the heads up.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-09 10:45 pm   Permalink

I looked at those the last time I was in Vintage Vending. But I ended picking up this set of 4 mugs by the same company. I love how they are based on Vintage styles. I was sitting looking over my collection the other day, and noticed how I had the original "Flipper Style"(as Capt. Midnite calls it!), the Clay Art rendering, and ending with an Archie Mcphee, which looks like someone took steel wool to his face, removing most of his features.

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-10 07:12 am   Permalink

Must have the pitcher and I love those mugs, too!
Vintage Vending? A local gig or do they have a website?

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-10 08:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-10 07:12, Chacha wrote:

It's a place down in Salem New Hampshire. They do have a website,
www.vintagevending.com (how novel!), but they don't have the mugs online. I had a hell of a time even finding an image of these, so it makes me think maybe they have been discontinued. I love Vintage Vending! If it was any less than 2 hours from me I would glady drive the commute everyday just to work there. Everytime I'm down there I pick up a few mugs and such, and the same clerk always says "Ooooh, I can taste the Suffering Bastard all ready!"

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-10 09:52 am   Permalink

Here are a couple places to get the cookie jar and pitcher.

http://www.galwest.com/gifts/tiki_gifts/
http://www.pacprod.com/cgi-bin/hazelnt.exe?action=DETAIL&item=1909&PPGA=DWP1909
http://www.surfwarez.com

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-10 1:39 pm   Permalink

Scotty,
You work at 20th Century Antiques? I lived in Atlanta from '88 to '99 and I miss it.
Where the heck were you when I lived there?
Now that I'm gone it seems that the cool folks have come out.

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-10 3:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-10 07:12, Chacha wrote:

Got mine @ Spencers at the mall. They had all Tiki 25-75% off.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-10 3:31 pm   Permalink

Finally! I can now buy the hula watch style salt & pepper shakers! Does anyone else find this a really bizarre combination?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-11 06:51 am   Permalink

Chacha,

Yes, I work at 20th Century Antiques. I've been there about 10 years. I post their ebay stuff at night and sit behind the counter on weekends. It's fun, and I usually get first dibs on the cool mid-century stuff. I wish there were more tikiphiles here too.

Scotty

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation