Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery Cheese Pirate's finished stuff
Cheese Pirate's finished stuff
Cheese Pirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-03 3:05 pm   Permalink

I don't have a lot of proper Tiki works to show yet, but I thought I could start with this drawing I did of a penguin.

View Profile of Cheese Pirate Send a personal message to Cheese Pirate  Email Cheese Pirate Goto the website of Cheese Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-03 3:28 pm   Permalink

Cheese Pirate, welcome to Tiki Central all the way from Norway! You definitely have the art skills, I like your style and I'm looking forward to more tiki works from you

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Gino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-03 4:00 pm   Permalink

Aloha Cheese Pirate! Looking forward to more work as well. Your penguin piece is full of charm- I love it. I also dig it when limited color palette pieces are done successfully - as yours is. Would look great on a T-shirt.

View Profile of Trader Gino Send a personal message to Trader Gino  Goto the website of Trader Gino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cheese Pirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-03 4:03 pm   Permalink

Thank you for your kind words, MadDogMike and Trader Gino!

I hope it's ok to post this, hopefully some forum members will find it a little bit amusing at least...maybe some of you out there remember the Commodore 64, an old 8bit computer from 1982? A friend made a tune for it and I made these Tiki/Moai graphics to go with his tune. The C64 has a 16 colour fixed palette, 64 kilobytes of ram, and lots of restrictions on graphics resolution and colour usage. If you want to see (and hear - it's not really tiki music though) it running on a real Commodore 64 there is a recording of it on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRcuM0Cwois

Click an image to view it in double size:

[ This Message was edited by: Cheese Pirate 2013-08-03 16:03 ]

View Profile of Cheese Pirate Send a personal message to Cheese Pirate  Email Cheese Pirate Goto the website of Cheese Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-03 4:34 pm   Permalink

Love the head-bobbin' toucan. Commadore 64, that's a tiki media you don't see often

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-03 7:02 pm   Permalink

LOAD "*.*",8,1

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cheese Pirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-08 02:00 am   Permalink

Made a little fridge magnet using polymer clay.
Hoping my next attempt will turn out better.
Sculpting is hard!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 03:19 am   Permalink

C-64 Hell, I started with the Commodore Vic-20 in 1980 before the tape backup came out
2 hours to type in BASIC code for "Pong" then you left it on for as long as you could
but as soon as you turned it off, you had to type in your program again, when the Tape backup
was finally released it was like seeing the Monolith in 2001.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUEI7mm8M7Q

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-08-08 03:21 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigAndyB
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-08 04:46 am   Permalink

I love the tiki penguin! that's awesome!

View Profile of BigAndyB Send a personal message to BigAndyB      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-01 4:02 pm   Permalink

Totally hip art.

Welcome and thank you for sharing.

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-03 1:05 pm   Permalink

Cool, interesting work CP, roasted pineapple good!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation