[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Tiki Fight Club:
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Fight Club:
John Galt

Posted: 2013-08-05 3:21 pm   Permalink

The First Rule of Tiki Fight Club:

View Profile of John Galt Send a personal message to John Galt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-05 5:46 pm   Permalink

Post pictures of my junk?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
John Galt

Posted: 2013-08-05 6:23 pm   Permalink

The First Rule of Tiki Fight Club:

1. Post Pictures of your Junk

The second rule of Tiki Fight Club:

View Profile of John Galt Send a personal message to John Galt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-05 7:28 pm   Permalink

John Galt as in Atlas Shrugged?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
John Galt

Posted: 2013-08-05 7:37 pm   Permalink

"Fight with the radiant certainty and the absolute rectitude of knowing that yours is the morality of life and yours is the battle for any achievement, any value, any grandeur, any goodness, any joy that has ever existed on this earth."

tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-05 8:34 pm   Permalink

damn hippie.

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-05 11:29 pm   Permalink

Ayn Rand.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
John Galt

Posted: 2013-08-05 11:51 pm   Permalink

tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-06 4:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-05 20:34, tikicoma wrote:
damn hippie.

Mat?

AMEN,
Sorry but I hate that movie, Supper rich Hollywood talking about all of the unjust
things in the world.
While one of the biggest unjust things in the world IS Hollywood.

Oh and that worker at the convenience store who the fight club guy made quit
to go follow his dream.
He's on welfare, looks like he was at his full potential after all.

Push through it with repetition. Smother it with words. Deny the air around me. Pretend. Pretend with vigor. Believe that the breath is gone.
Some other stupid thing from the net.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-06 4:27 pm   Permalink

"Who is John Galt?" and of the quest to discover the answer.

I'll bet Swanky knows who John Galt is.
No people it's not Swanky.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
John Galt

Posted: 2013-08-06 6:22 pm   Permalink

Tikiskip...tonight...you fight first

tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-06 7:29 pm   Permalink

I have been fighting all my life.
You can't go far without a fight now and then.
But then I don't follow some Fight club loser like Tyler Durden and fight
when he snaps his fingers, I fight my own battles.
Also don't need some army of people to hide behind.

"The things you own end up owning you"
So ya think Brad Pitt thinks this is true?

It's the people on movies like fight club that lay around
and get all pissed off that a big sack of money has not yet dropped on them.
Then Hollywood does movies about "the Man" and how greedy he is, but when they are done
shooting for the day they go home to one of their four million dollar homes in their
high dollar car and they park it next to the ten other high dollar cars they have.
Man talk about people in glass houses throwing rocks.
Sorry I should say people in Tiffany glass houses throwing rocks at just plain glass houses.

Sorry bout the rant.

tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-06 8:27 pm   Permalink

Feel better now Tikiskip?

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-06 10:20 pm   Permalink

Tikiskip, you mustn't confuse the fictional Tyler Durden with Brad Pitt the actor. The character of Tyler Durden was definitely an Anarchist. While Brad might have his pet Liberal causes, he still embraces the Capitalist system.

Durden wanted to bring down the credit card company CEOs but I'm sure Brad aspires to make as much as those CEOs one day. According to Forbes, Brad makes about $20 million a year. Credit Card company CEOs make far more. Even the 12th ranked CEO by pay, James Dimon, of JP Morgan-Chase, made $42 million last year (also according to Forbes). So, "The Man" still has Hollywood actors beat with their extremely posh glass houses that are roughly twice as big as anything A-list actors own.

I'm confused by this whole thread, though. John Galt (who I'm assuming is an objectivist) has usurped Tyler Durden's role (as an anarchist) to create rules for Tikiphiles (escapists). These three different philosophies seem to be at odds with each other, but perhaps they will have a love child and herald the coming of a grand new age.

Maybe the objectivists can create distilleries out of Rearden metal and produce rum far superior to anything yet tasted...then the anarchists can sweep in and make this rum freely available to all the oppressed workers of the world...and the escapists can help everyone to appreciate that rum by embracing polynesian pop and the tropical cocktails that fuel it.

Ahhh...UTOPIA!

Life never works this way, though. The objectivists will probably cask and sell their rum only to the elite 1%, then anarchists will blow up the distilleries in a bloody frenzy, and escapist tikiphiles will argue endlessly about the flavor profiles of the now-lost rum after paying ridiculous prices on e-Bay to savor a thimble full of the remaining intact bottle of said rum.

Oh well...I have my thimble ready.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-06 11:16 pm   Permalink

Sedition!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation