FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki farm Mug release party. Fri. Aug. 9th at Dons, 7-12 in longboard room
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki farm Mug release party. Fri. Aug. 9th at Dons, 7-12 in longboard room
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 06:43 am   Permalink

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 07:02 am   Permalink

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
theredneck tiki

Posted: 2013-08-07 09:32 am   Permalink

Damn I miss everything. Does anything tiki related happen in Texas? other than tiki week.

[ This Message was edited by: theredneck tiki 2013-08-07 09:32 ]

View Profile of theredneck tiki Send a personal message to theredneck tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-07 09:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-07 09:32, theredneck tiki wrote:
Damn I miss everything. Does anything tiki related happen in Texas? other than tiki week.

Houston is getting a pop up tiki bar called Lei Low. It's better than nothing until their permanent site opens up.

www.facebook.com/pages/Lei-Low-Bar/468373409919267

http://houston.eater.com/archives/2013/06/26/the-heights-is-getting-a-tiki-bar-welcome-lei-low.php

Grand Prize partners Matt Loreman, Ryan Rouse and Brad Moore have teamed up with Down House employees Elizabeth and Russell Thoede to launch Lei Low, Houston's only tiki bar. Despite the worn down looking location in an anonymous strip center, Moore tells Houstonia that Lei Low will be "a really good neighborhood bar" when it opens later this fall. The Thoedes are hard-core tiki fans who've collected memorabilia that will transform the space.

Interested imbibers can get a preview of Lei Low tonight at Grand Prize's upstairs bar. Starting at 8:30 p.m., the Thoedes will be on hand to preview eight or nine of the drinks on their cocktail menu. Grass skirts are strictly optional.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 10:24 am   Permalink

So......
How bout that awesome mug?
And, 2 surf bands?
Sounds like a great night.
And it's free!!!!!

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach

Posted: 2013-08-07 10:46 am   Permalink

Yes, BTD is correct. It should be a great time at Don's on Friday. What a great way to end a long work week! Come Hell or high water I'm going to this event.
The new mug and the bands will be awesome!

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Jefe
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-07 12:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-07 09:32, theredneck tiki wrote:

The only other quasi tiki events in Houston are at Double Down I think the first Monday of the month and on Tuesdays at Anvil. Might have to check out Grand Prize tonight.

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 12:41 am   Permalink

I think Holden will be there,
Not sure about the artist who designed it.

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-09 7:00 pm   Permalink

Well, it's 7, but there's nobody here??

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho

Posted: 2013-08-09 7:07 pm   Permalink

For those that are going tonight, I also recommend Whiteboy James and the Blues Express. I imagine he will be cleaning up his act a bit from what he usually does in Long Beach but just in case, don't bring the kids. I would be there myself had I not other plans.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-09 7:14 pm   Permalink

Doh, I was in the wrong room.

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-08-09 7:54 pm   Permalink

How many people showed up?

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-09 9:03 pm   Permalink

Could not make it out tonight, Sorry Holden I do my best to
support all the Tiki farm Soiree, but I have to attend my own Exorcism tonight
have a great one everybody!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-09 11:16 pm   Permalink

I rarely go out but got an itch to go hang out with my old pal Holden tonight. Good times! Keelee's mug rocks!! It was nice seeing Delia too

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-10 01:49 am   Permalink

I got reports from surf peeps it was packed.
How many do you think?

I was at Purple orchid show.
Hard decision.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation