[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » TikiTees Matchbook T-Shirts
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
TikiTees Matchbook T-Shirts
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-07 10:37 am   Permalink

I've got a store on Zazzle.com offering t-shirts based on vintage matchbook designs. Many of the shirts offer additional versions printed on both front and back, all full-color, and designed to incorporate the color of the shirt into the design, so you can totally customize it.

Have a look:
http://tinyurl.com/mk7w9gu

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 10:46 pm   Permalink

Cool stuff!
You should post a couple shirt pics here in this thread.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 11:11 pm   Permalink

Nicely done! Love the front and back idea, like the Islander map and the Seven Seas pig. And that Kauai Surf logo has always been one of my faves.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-08-07 11:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks, bigbrotiki! Glad you like them.

4WDTiki, good idea, I'll post some pics tomorrow (sheesh, it's after midnight, I guess I'll post them later today!).

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-08-08 4:14 pm   Permalink

Here are some pics, as requested:

Most shirts have an additional design available on the back:

On all of them you can choose the style of shirt (including sweatshirts, hoodies, long sleeve, ringers, etc) plus whatever color combination you like best:

Many more designs available, with new ones added frequently (as I acquire new matchbooks).

finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 10:58 pm   Permalink

cool designs! Look forward to seeing what comes next!

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-08-12 2:30 pm   Permalink

Added some new designs: Clark's Islander, The Outrigger, Hukilau, and Milano Club.

TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-08-17 4:33 pm   Permalink

Lots of new designs added: Vagabond's House, Club Waikiki, "Sugie's" Beverly Hills Tropics (with and without boobies!), Aloha Room and Club Panama.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2013-08-17 16:47 ]

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-18 10:43 am   Permalink

I don't know the legality of using old designs, but I dig it. Also, please check out Spreadshirt. A buddy of mine is head of graphics there, and I've seen the production. They're really high quality. The shirts and the prints, that is. They have other things as well. You can get samples. Also, they pay their stores really well, and carry some big names.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-08-18 12:44 pm   Permalink

I'm only using designs that are out of copyright. That's why there's no Trader Vic's or Mai Kai. (According to the trademark office, Don the Beachcomber trademarks expired for all but their logo mark in use with alcoholic beverages).

I'll check out Spreadshirt again. One of the nice things about Zazzle is the ability to have open spaces within the design to let the shirt color show through, plus the ability to do double sided shirts. Still, their base cost is high, so this is a labor of love more than anything else. I only make 10% of the cost of the product (to keep prices low), so I won't be retiring in Fiji anytime soon.

TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-08-26 2:34 pm   Permalink

A few new designs have been added. Tiki Bob's (yay!), Hawaiian Room, South Seas and the venerable Hinky Dink's.

Thanks to everyone who has purchased shirts!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2013-08-26 14:45 ]

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-26 7:17 pm   Permalink

Just checked out the site. Nice shirts. Now, I have to decide which ones I want!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-08-26 10:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks! If it makes you feel any better, I have the same problem.

TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-08-29 4:32 pm   Permalink

Another design has been added for The Cabanna in Reading, PA:

TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-09-02 5:39 pm   Permalink

Accidentally by request, The Aloha Club in Martinez, CA:

If anyone has specific requests, let me know and I'll do my best to find the matchbook!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation