FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Denver Modernism Show (Aug 23-25, 2013)
Denver Modernism Show (Aug 23-25, 2013)
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 11:32 pm   Permalink

Is anyone going to the Denver Modernism Show? Looks like it should be a lot of fun!

http://denvermodernism.com/

"Over 50,000 sq ft – This show is HUGE!

Dozens of Vendors from Around the Nation
Selling a wide variety of vintage and contemporary
MID-CENTURY, ART DECO, RETRO, POP & MODERNIST FURNISHINGS, ARTWORK & OBJECTS
Furniture – art – lighting – glass – pottery – ceramics – housewares – accessories – art deco – retro – danish modern – fab 50s – mod 60s – plastic 70s – tiki – kitsch – chrome – bakelite – teak – Eames – panton – Nelson – Knoll – Wegner – Herman Miller – Russel Wright – vintage designer clothing – textiles – handbags - jewelry – electronics – radios – stereos – barware – and so much more!!!"

Also:

"Tiki Lounge
We are the only Modernism Show in the country with a Tiki Lounge!
We LOVE IT!

sponsors of the Denver Modernism Tiki Lounge
The Denver Modernism Show Tiki Lounge has its own dedicated room!
It’s your tropical haven in our mid-century paradise!

Our Tiki Lounge is open most show hours and includes:
Cash Bar (VIPs drink free Friday night!) featuring exotic tiki drinks, including some created just for us!
Tiki Museum! New! The Fraternal Order or Moai provide displays that are fun and educational!
Tiki music – from swanky exotica to surf guitar!
Live hula girls on Friday night!
Tiki Afterparty at Denver’s new Adrift Tiki Lounge – Saturday, 6:00pm – 2:00am! 218 S.
Broadway! Come mingle with Denver’s tiki and modernism community!"

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 10:29 pm   Permalink

Wow, am I really the only TCer going to this?

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyndigo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-14 11:44 am   Permalink

I plan to be there, but haven't picked a time yet. Suggestions?

View Profile of cyndigo Send a personal message to cyndigo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-14 2:25 pm   Permalink

It seems the "Denver Tiki Tribe" has moved to Facebook. You might ask the question there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/378098768922505/

I've notice a couple of local groups have moved off TC to Facebook like the Sacramento group as well.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-14 3:44 pm   Permalink

I'll be going for sure.

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-14 3:46 pm   Permalink

Ugh, Facebook. No thanks. I'd rather eat my own rectum.

gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-23 2:42 pm   Permalink

Bump - starts today!

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-01 02:08 am   Permalink

I went; I made no huge tiki purchases to brag about but it was a blast as always. I did miss the huge selection of Hawaiian shirts that's usually in the Tiki Bar, but I understand there were scheduling conflicts. I did manage to buy two vintage lounge jackets, a sound egg chair, a coin-op Bocca della Verita, a boomerang Formica coffee table, a Witco-esque tiki and a wood Moai with the back decorated.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation