Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery New Longboard - 'Attack of the Marakihau'
New Longboard - 'Attack of the Marakihau'
BigAndyB
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-08 04:18 am   Permalink

Hey guys! Haven't been on here in a while or made much Tiki art due to university, but since graduating its been so good to get back into making things again.. I have been looking forward to using up the remaining birch 5 ply in the garage for a long while, so I decided to build a new longboard..

The design is a combination of sourced tribal tattoo imagery that I manipulated to fit together, and an original drawing, the 'Marakihau' sea monster inspired by Maori carvings.

The detail is burnt on with a pyrography pen, including the border between the two-tone staining.

It still needs holes drilled for mounting trucks and a coat of varnish but I'm considering leaving it without trucks and wall mounting it. Anyway, thought I would share it and hope you guys like it.. I hope to be making some more stuff over the summer and get back into carving too!

View Profile of BigAndyB Send a personal message to BigAndyB      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cheese Pirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-08 04:26 am   Permalink

That's fantastic, love it!

View Profile of Cheese Pirate Send a personal message to Cheese Pirate  Email Cheese Pirate Goto the website of Cheese Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigAndyB
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-08 04:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-08 04:26, Cheese Pirate wrote:
That's fantastic, love it!

Thank you, glad you like it

View Profile of BigAndyB Send a personal message to BigAndyB      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fox

Posted: 2014-02-17 8:10 pm   Permalink

Love it!!!! Nice work!!

View Profile of Fox Send a personal message to Fox      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
For the Love of Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-20 07:39 am   Permalink

Way Cool! Two thumbs up.

View Profile of For the Love of Tiki Send a personal message to For the Love of Tiki  Email For the Love of Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation