[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Favorite Pool Drink
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Favorite Pool Drink
blueeyedtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-08 09:44 am   Permalink

So, I plan to lay by my pool and do nothing this weekend but relax and have a few drinks. What's your go to tiki drink for lounging by the pool? Refreshing and easy to make.

View Profile of blueeyedtiki Send a personal message to blueeyedtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-08 09:57 am   Permalink

What is your definition of easy? And what level of quality ingredients must be on hand - basic? Advanced? Blended ok? Shaken? Or only poured, strained and stirred? More info on the target audience would also help.

I've had success with Derby Daiquiries in foam cups poolside. Went over well with non-tiki guests. Must use full-flavored orange juice.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blueeyedtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-08 10:07 am   Permalink

Any level of ingredients is ok. Prefer higher end ingredients to lower end. Prefer shaken rather than blended, but I have a vitamix so blended is ok as well. I'm not preparing drinks for a crowd, just me and another.

Derby Daquiri sounds pretty delicious and refreshing.

View Profile of blueeyedtiki Send a personal message to blueeyedtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 10:24 am   Permalink

Vitamix? Cosmonauts!!!

Painkillers are nice in a batch. Planters Punch (4:3:2:1) with soda water for the weak (no shakin') is my go to for lowering blood pressure and getting sunburned. Use Smith and Cross for some oomph.

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 10:27 am   Permalink

Just get a copy of this:

http://www.amazon.com/Beach-Bum-Berry-Remixed-Jeff/dp/1593621396

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 10:57 am   Permalink

For minimal mixing effort lounging in a pool, I typically do Rum and Coconut Water, J Wray and Ting, or La Palomas. So, Caribbean and/or Mexican as opposed to authentic Tiki because they are easy and very refreshing on hot summer days.

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 11:45 am   Permalink

You really need us to help you decide these things?
I'm just saying......what do "you" like?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 12:27 pm   Permalink

Most of the summer I've been rotating these 4:
12/12 Mai Tais
Suffering Bastards
Hurricane Heyward's special planters punch
Navy Grogs w/ the Vic's concentrate

I highly recommend any of those for poolside consumption.

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 12:50 pm   Permalink

Nothing is simpler, or more refreshing, to me than an original daquiri. Plus it's easy to play around with if you want to use different rums or a different sweetner. All you need is rum, limes and fine sugar or simple syrup.

Having said that, the Derby Daiquiri is mighty tasty as well.

Cheers and aloha!

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-08 1:10 pm   Permalink

So far you have three votes for the Derby Daiquiri plus a number of other excellent suggestions. Planter's Punch is good too, and this thread gave me several new ideas to try.

Cheers to you, sir! You may also consider using extra-extra-extra dark rum as sunscreen. It may not work, but what the hell!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blueeyedtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-08 5:39 pm   Permalink

I definitely have Beachbum Berry Remixed.

Also, I love Paloma's by the pool. My favorite spirit is bourbon or gin. But I really want to experiment more with good rum.
It's the one spirit I feel I have neglected. Hence my purchase of the Bums book and me signing up here.

So I think the derby daiquiri is what's on deck. Favorite rum to go in it? I'm not afraid of higher end stuff.

kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 5:57 pm   Permalink

If we're talkin poolside, I'm usually go just for a rum and coke. I try to think of hotel pools and usually they can barely handle that right. Maybe a mai tai depending on the hotel and hotel bar, unless maybe you consider The Disneyland Hotel, in which case you have the entire Trader Sam's menu to select from.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blueeyedtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-08 6:16 pm   Permalink

Had to do a Derby Daiquiri test run. Not bad!

thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 6:19 pm   Permalink

I thought this was going to be about billiards.

however, the best poolside tiki drink aint a rum drink. it's the Kama'aina.

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blueeyedtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-08 6:19 pm   Permalink

I used Bacardi light. I think I need a rum that is a teeny bit more complex.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation