Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Favorite Pool Drink
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Favorite Pool Drink
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2013-08-08 8:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-08 18:19, blueeyedtiki wrote:
I used Bacardi light. I think I need a rum that is a teeny bit more complex.

The next step up would be Cruzan Aged Light Rum. As far as light rums go, much better than Bacardi and less expensive to boot!

Most people on TC have learned to avoid Bacardi. Bacardi is mostly just marketing hype. Bacardi 8 and Bacardi Solera are okay but it's best to avoid the rest of their line.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 8:49 pm   Permalink

I put Cruzan in the "sucks" category now, with Bacardi, since Jim Beam took over.

not sure how much nuance one will discern anyhow though from a lime-orange juice (and possibly simple syrup) compound.

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 9:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-08 20:25, Hakalugi wrote:
Quote:

The next step up would be Cruzan Aged Light Rum. As far as light rums go, much better than Bacardi and less expensive to boot!

Most people on TC have learned to avoid Bacardi. Bacardi is mostly just marketing hype. Bacardi 8 and Bacardi Solera are okay but it's best to avoid the rest of their line.

Amen, Brother! I mean I concur.....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-08 9:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Don Q Silver is also good. Haven't had any problem with Cruzan, but it sounds like I need to do some taste testing.

I agree with Hakalugi and I have also parted company with most Bacardi products even though I live 20 minutes away from the bottling plant and have met a handful of very nice people who work there. It's one of our local products here in Jacksonville, Florida. For what it's worth, please know that they are a very good corporate citizen and very family-oriented. Also, 98% of the US Bacardi products are bottled here. Also, the Bacardi plant is located less than one mile from the InBev/Anheuser-Busch brewery where the majority of production (95% or more) is for the Florida market.

I suspect that the production of beer and the bottling of rum would make us one of the bigger booze-producing cities in the nation. Just a guess... So there's a research project for you if you're so inclined. I'm not gonna research that, instead I'll have a cocktail.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 10:04 pm   Permalink

Getting back to poolside I like to make up a pitcher full of Bajan rum punch. Easy-peasey! Just be careful if you decide to use the diving board!
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
peterscoth
Deleted

Posted: 2014-01-26 10:28 am   Permalink

Hi..

My favorite pool recipe is Swimming Pool. Here is the recipe for it.

Ingredients
1 1/2 oz White Rum
3/4 oz Vodka
1/4 oz Blue Curaçao
2 oz Pineapple Juice
3/4 oz Coconut Cream
1/4 oz Heavy Milk Cream

Method: Prepare in shaker
Glass: Tulip
Recipe:

Shake all ingresdients (except the Curacao) with ice.
Pour into a tulip glass or a goblet.
Carefully float the Curacao on top.
Serve with a straw.

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - spam link removed :roll: - 2014-02-03 13:13 ]

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-26 1:51 pm   Permalink

I'm not sure if a drink with two (!) types of cream is really the best to serve around a swimming pool. I know here in Florida, it would be problematic.

And who makes this rum named "vodka"?

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation