Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Drinks and Food Ľ Ľ August is National Rum Month
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
August is National Rum Month
Fervent Shaker

Posted: 2013-08-23 08:29 am   Permalink

Caliche Rum had their ads is all over my facebook feed for about 3 days before I liked the page to stop them coming up. Now I get all their posts and pictures on my feed. Derh me. But the sad thing is, they must be doing something right. Because now all I want to do is try some of their glorious looking rum.

I'll admit I love a good rum, but man I crave this stuff. Is it any good?
Also is there a good cocktail to try it in? I mean obviously the classics, but is there one people use to really get the most out of it?
I love a good dark n stormy with Kraken, or Ron Barcelo Anejo in a Cuba Libre. Something about their flavours work well for me in those drinks. (they are better in the above drinks than the other way around - for me anyway).

View Profile of Fervent Shaker Send a personal message to Fervent Shaker  Goto the website of Fervent Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-23 09:08 am   Permalink

FS, see my post above re Caliche. I like it.

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-14 11:19 pm   Permalink

Iíve never cared for white/silver rum. I saw a bottle of Caliche at my local super tonight which intrigued me. The glass looked ďhammeredĒ, the label was attractive and the neck was wrapped with jute or sisal twine. After reading several reviews Iím gonna go back an grab a bottle. An aged white rum? Gotta try it! Check out their website-some interesting drink recipes on there.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-15 09:19 am   Permalink

August is National Rum Day?

Remind me in July.

Thank you.

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-15 11:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-12-15 09:19, GentleHangman wrote:
August is National Rum Day?

Remind me in July.

Thank you.

Hey GH,
I didnít wanna start a nudder thread.
Anyway, itís neva to early to start celebrating!
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation