Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food pineapple-passionfruit pie
pineapple-passionfruit pie
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-10 10:30 pm   Permalink

sorry amigos, i don't have recipe, but bought this from Publix = very tasty.

Publix does okay, they dont have ropa vieja, picadillo, or boliche.

but they do have guava turnovers, frozen maricuya pulp, and guayabana juice....

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-11 05:50 am   Permalink

I have a love-hate relationship with a of my local Publix stores. They stock every goya fruit juice cocktail/nectar imagineable EXCEPT for passionfruit which is what I use the most. And they stock every flavor of Jarritos Mexican soda EXCEPT grapefruit which is the one I need for Palomas so I have to hunt that down in Mexican grocery stores. They do stock the frozen Guya pulps which I appreciate, and I agree the bakery does a good job.

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-11 1:44 pm   Permalink

I get both the maracuya juice, and the toranja soda at Sweetbay (fka Kash N Karry).

what you making w/all that pash anyhow?

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-11 4:34 pm   Permalink

Have you checked the frozen section for the goya passion fruit? The Mexican market I get it from sells it in pouches there.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-11 9:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-11 13:44, thePorpoise wrote:
I get both the maracuya juice, and the toranja soda at Sweetbay (fka Kash N Karry).

what you making w/all that pash anyhow?

I think Sweetbay may be a west coast FL thing. I know them from my wife's neck of the woods in St. Pete but don't know of any around here. There is a Kissimmee Publix near where my folks snowbird where I can find and stock up on the passionfruit cocktail.

As far as the drinks I use it in, Tropical Itch, the occasional Octopus, and mostly in an original cocktail called Pirate's Passion that I am quite fond of:

1.5 oz Appleton V/X
0.5 oz sweet vermouth (Noilly Prat)
2 oz passionfruit cocktail
2 dashes Angostoura
Shake cubes, pour unstrained, no garnish

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-13 8:05 pm   Permalink

the Passion's Pirate = a Maricuya Manhattan.!

hey, thanks for that, I'd had the Goya 16 oz passionfruit "beverage" that I always felt tasted "off." Now, i've tried The Goya can of "coctel," which tastes better and more passionfruity, even though it has hfc instead of azucar...

Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-14 04:48 am   Permalink

Yep, an Appleton Manhattan is exactly how this one began. Back when I didn't know batter and was using inferior vermouth the drink lacked character and the paracha fixed that right up.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation