FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki New Cover for Summer/Fall 2013 Issue of Tiki Magazine
New Cover for Summer/Fall 2013 Issue of Tiki Magazine
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-20 05:56 am   Permalink

Aloha TC Ohana,

Here's a look at the new cover of the Summer/Fall 2013 Issue of Tiki Magazine. The cover is by Hassan Patterson. Magazines have been placed in stores in San Diego and will be delivered to OC and LA this upcoming Saturday. Subscriber issues are at the mail house and will be shipped later this week. Magazines for stores outside of SoCal will be shipping this week and next. New issue will also be at the International Marketplace (Don the Beachcomber) on September 7th. Hope you like the new issue.

Mahalo,

Nicktiki

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-20 06:07 am   Permalink

Cheers and MAhalo Nick!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-20 08:54 am   Permalink

And it's a great last issue. Congrats Nick, and it was a blast hanging out with you at Oasis.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-08-20 11:47 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Gato Gomez
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-20 3:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much to Tiki Magazine for featuring my work in this issue!!!! You guys are awesome!!!!

View Profile of El Gato Gomez Send a personal message to El Gato Gomez  Email El Gato Gomez Goto the website of El Gato Gomez     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-20 5:28 pm   Permalink

AWESOME COVER!! AWESOME PEOPLE!!! Thanks Nick for the fun times creating covers with me...and ALL your work and passion! Thanks to your staff...and to Kari, who's eye for story and photos of perfection made this Magazine truly enchanting~~

~~~Aloha, THOR

Best way to reach me for art or questions directly is this link: https://www.facebook.com/tom.thordarson.3
OR Search on Facebook for : THOR ART

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-21 1:01 pm   Permalink

Recognition well deserved. Thanks for all the years of Tiki in print.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seagoat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-23 11:10 am   Permalink

Great looking issue, can't wait to read it. Thanks Nick, glad I have most of the issues.

View Profile of seagoat Send a personal message to seagoat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls

Posted: 2013-08-23 1:48 pm   Permalink

Issue arrived in mail yesterday (Thursday) in Portland OR...made myself a Mai Tai and enjoyed. Great job everyone!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2013-08-23 2:17 pm   Permalink

It was the worst cover in the history of the mag, and I've been along since #1. Enough with the grinning cartoony people: keep it Tiki.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-23 8:10 pm   Permalink

Mag arrived Thursday 21st, what an enormous treat!

Nick, massive, huge, humangous thanks for giving Tiki culture an "anchor" across time and distance!

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-08-23 10:39 pm   Permalink

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-08-23 10:40 pm   Permalink

Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-24 03:51 am   Permalink

I eagerly anticipate each issue and am never disappointed! Long live Tiki Magazine!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-24 11:26 pm   Permalink

Wow and mahalo, Thor! And big aloha to all of the rest of you! It's been a true gift to play a part in Tiki Magazine for all these years, and I will forever thank Nick Camara for this amazing opportunity. Tiki IS so interesting and cool that it is absolutely worthy of a publication devoted to it. Tiki Magazine helped validate what we love. And considering that every issue sold out, many people clearly feel that same way, too. Nick's vision, dedication and imagination will not be forgotten.

And to all the wildly creative people who have graced the pages of Tiki Magazine for the past nine years, YOU are also to be thanked for helping to keep our Tiki community thriving and fun. If you didn't do what you do, we wouldn't have had as much to write about for nine years!

So keep having fun, everyone. Keep the aloha spirit in your hearts and actions every day, because that is a huge part of what we are about. You'll be seeing all of us again, in one way or another... and we look forward to that!

~ Kari

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-03 1:16 pm   Permalink

Nick, just picked up my new Tiki mag at Wacko in LA. Great job! And I LOVE the article on the Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Ann. celebration! Way to go! Thanks for launching a great magazine!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation