advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Looking for drink recommendations
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Looking for drink recommendations
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-22 09:02 am   Permalink

My other stand-by drink picker is to go to The Grogalizer and sort the drinks by average rating. First make anything that is an 8 or higher that you never tried before, then just make the best ones according to your ratings.

Be sure to rate everything you try while it is fresh so you have a ready record of what you have made and how you liked it for later.

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2013-08-22 09:03 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-30 11:25 am   Permalink

Looks like the top three that most people agree on are Mai Tai, Navy Grog, and Jet Pilot, with Zombie being close behind. I'm on a medication that doesn't like grapefruit juice, is there any point in trying the Navy Grog without it?
"You can't eat real Polynesian food. It's the most horrible junk I've ever tasted." —Trader Vic Bergeron

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-30 11:48 am   Permalink

Previous relevant post: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=45900&forum=10&15

There are 2 navy grog versions to my mind, don beach with honey & trader vic with sugar & pimento. I prefer the don beach version.

I think the honey & grapefruit combo is what works in the don beach version, I would make the trader vic version & use fresh OJ instead of grapefruit (OJ is great with pimento).

Sub away!

View Profile of AdOrAdam Send a personal message to AdOrAdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation