FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Looking for drink recommendations
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Looking for drink recommendations
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-22 09:02 am   Permalink

My other stand-by drink picker is to go to The Grogalizer and sort the drinks by average rating. First make anything that is an 8 or higher that you never tried before, then just make the best ones according to your ratings.

Be sure to rate everything you try while it is fresh so you have a ready record of what you have made and how you liked it for later.

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2013-08-22 09:03 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-30 11:25 am   Permalink

Looks like the top three that most people agree on are Mai Tai, Navy Grog, and Jet Pilot, with Zombie being close behind. I'm on a medication that doesn't like grapefruit juice, is there any point in trying the Navy Grog without it?

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AdOrAdam
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-30 11:48 am   Permalink

Previous relevant post: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=45900&forum=10&15

There are 2 navy grog versions to my mind, don beach with honey & trader vic with sugar & pimento. I prefer the don beach version.

I think the honey & grapefruit combo is what works in the don beach version, I would make the trader vic version & use fresh OJ instead of grapefruit (OJ is great with pimento).

Sub away!

View Profile of AdOrAdam Send a personal message to AdOrAdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation