advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Mai Tai Concentrate

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Mai Tai Concentrate
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-22 10:35 am   Permalink

On 2013-08-21 19:51, skeeter wrote:
I was going to order some today, but what's the deal with the $25 shipping charge??

Their shipping has been very expensive and inefficient, for years. A story, to illustrate:
I used to order Orgeat (during a time when all brands had disappeared from all local stores) and Javanese Dressing. I tried to order several things, to average the shipping cost-per-item down, but it still about doubled the price. You used to have to call to order (Gail Barber - funny I remember her name), and they'd call back with a quote, after they figured out the shipping. Once, I was told my order of 4 Orgeat, 6 Javanese and a tub of HBR Batter would require 3 boxes, at quite a huge cost. I asked if they couldn't do it for less, so she talked to shipping again, and they thought they could get it down to 2 boxes. I reluctantly agreed and took the hit.
So, when the 2 boxes arrived, one was a box with dividers to fit 12 750 ml bottles, and my 10 bottles were in it, with plenty of room to spare - especially since the 6 dressing bottles were so short. Then, alone in the second box was the little plastic tub of batter! And they started out thinking they'd need THREE boxes?!

"The rum's the thing..."

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation