FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Mai Tai Concentrate

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Mai Tai Concentrate
Dapuma1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-31 12:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-31 04:30, djmont wrote:
Appleton 12 and El Dorado 12 is one of my favorite combinations as well. Appleton 12 and Clement VSOP -- the often recommended combination -- is also excellent. Sometimes I'll go with the Barbacourt 8 Year and a Jamaican.

Also make sure you try it with Clement Creole Shrub instead of the Orange Curacao. It's a nice variation that I make occasionally. (Not my idea, by the way. I think it's a pretty common substitution.)

For Curacao, I'll use Senior, Pierre Ferrand, Marie Brizard, Grand Marnier -- whatever's handy. Grand Marnier is a little sweeter, though, so if I use it, I cut out the simple syrup. I've found they all work very nicely.

I have not tried it with the Appleton 12 and the VSOP, however I do have the 12 so I will give that a shot, I have subbed out the V/X for Smith and Cross and that was pretty tasty - I always use Senior Curacao of Curacao and the VSOP

ED12 is one of my fav's as I use it in my Navy Grog's - will give it a shot with the 12 for a Mai Tai sometime, normally I cut the lime down to half ounce, skip the simple and up the Orgeat (Small Hands) to half an ounce

View Profile of Dapuma1 Send a personal message to Dapuma1      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation