[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » Big Kahuna's Tiki Shack
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Big Kahuna's Tiki Shack
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-04 7:49 pm   Permalink

Nice! . Looks great.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha Daddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-11 9:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the nice comments, I gave the new bar a whirl last Saturday, my best buddy could not leave, he could not believe the difference! I am really enjoying the extra room inside the bar, it's amazing how much more room I have now from just adding a foot to the depth of the interior area. And it is so much more convenient having a fridge right there in the bar! I used to have to run to the kitchen inside to get ice and cold liquids.

I got the aquarium up and running last Saturday, the tank itself is a vintage stainless steel 10 gal tank, very unusual in that it is very tall and narrow, cool. I plant on planting it with lots of plants and stocking it with some show guppies that are a beautiful blue color. I also made a decision to move my 90 gal tank right next to the bar and it will be a planted Discus tank, filled with amazon native tropical fish . Sorry, I am a fish freak, I think it will be a great addition to the mood of the tiki theme, and very colorful.

Next is re-designing the fountain. I have a design of a tiki holding up the fountain bowl. My thoughts were to spray liquid foam onto the base of the bowl and sculpting it into the tiki designs. Still developing that one but I'll keep you posted.

View Profile of Aloha Daddy Send a personal message to Aloha Daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha Daddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-01 8:58 pm   Permalink

Aloha!! It's been a while since I posted any progress on my bar re-build, because I've been busy! I'll post some photos here of the progress, I'm really stoked as to how it's coming along. Definitely appreciating the LED lights, not only the remote control ones that line my shelves, but the new one I got for my aquarium. The plants are growing like crazy and the blue tint to the light looks cool. I decided to do a total redo on the stand for the 90 gal fish tank. I was in a hurry when I did the original stand and I'm not really proud of it, so I am starting to use bamboo poles and the woven palm stuff (sorry, forgot the word for it!) all over the sides. anyway, here are the photos;

[ This Message was edited by: Aloha Daddy 2014-05-01 20:59 ]

View Profile of Aloha Daddy Send a personal message to Aloha Daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha Daddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-01 9:08 pm   Permalink

I have to submit a new use for lighted ice in Tiki drinks, a couple of weeks ago we had a big storm roll through on a Friday night and the lights went out. All the lights that is...except for the ones in our drinks!!! Nice way to light our way through the house! Dual flashlight and hydration

PabTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-02 11:10 am   Permalink

Woah, that bar looks amazing!!!!

And lighted ice cubes?? I must find out about these!!

(I found this link on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Litecubes®-Flashing-Multi-Color-Freezable-Cubes/dp/B002IAXZSO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399053991&sr=8-1&keywords=litecubes)

I have remote control candles for my tiny 200 sq. ft. apartment that glow bright red, but I always say you can never have enough cool lighting!

Veering further off-topic, if anyone (else) is a fan of scented candles, I've been stocking up on the candles "Lanikai Coconut" from Bath & Body Works. They have a terrific beachy-smell, not too strong, like light coppertone with a hint of pineapple!

Anyway, great bar.

My collection of bifwebe | My cruddy music

View Profile of PabTiki Send a personal message to PabTiki  Goto the website of PabTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PabTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-02 11:12 am   Permalink

But obviously I wouldn't put candles anywhere near a genuine fiber canopy like that, ha!

My collection of bifwebe | My cruddy music

View Profile of PabTiki Send a personal message to PabTiki  Goto the website of PabTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha Daddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-03 11:58 pm   Permalink

Mahalo! Those are the ice cubes, I actually got them from Trader Sam's at Disneyland. They are awesome, they can stay on one color, or turn from color to color. A must for any tiki drinks!

ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 11:03 am   Permalink

Your bar is a work of art! Nice job, sir!

View Profile of ToddVegas Send a personal message to ToddVegas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha Daddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 6 days ago; 9:23 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone, it's been too long since my last post, I've been laying low since I'm a landscape designer and summer is so busy. I was inspired at last weekend's tiki event at Don the Beachcomber in Huntington Beach. So many cool ideas and products brought out by everybody. I have not been happy with my roof design, I really want the peak of the roof to extend out more with bamboo supports coming into the bar. The side pieces also are too close in and don't give me enough room inside the bar area for lights, decorations, etc. So next weekend I am planning on tearing down the current roofs and re-building them. In the meantime, I'll just continue to practice making these concoctions and enjoy my new Adventureland glasses I bought at Disneyland a couple of weeks ago.

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 12:56 pm   Permalink

Good luck with your roof redesign! I loved your bar before and new & improved version is terrific!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: Today; 5:10 pm   Permalink

You are blessed to have building skills and to envision what the outcome will be. Love the lighting and the little alcoves.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation