FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Frankie's Tiki Room Liquid Vacation recipe book
Frankie's Tiki Room Liquid Vacation recipe book
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-26 08:58 am   Permalink

Has anyone checked this out yet? Is it any good? How are the recipes?

I was thinking of ordering it, but would like to get some feedback first. I've seen some of their recipes before that had sweet and sour and 7-up and stuff like that in them.

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aloha.taboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-26 09:44 am   Permalink

The photos are great. There's a brief history of tiki in Vegas that's pretty good. I'm not thrilled that some drinks have Red Bull as an ingredient.

View Profile of aloha.taboo Send a personal message to aloha.taboo  Email aloha.taboo Goto the website of aloha.taboo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-26 09:58 am   Permalink

This has already been mentioned in the "tiki drink books" thread a couple months ago.

I have a copy of the book and have looked through it cover-to-cover. There are some very fun things in it. Photography is beautiful and they published recipes for many of their fan-favorite drinks.

I plan on posting some sort of write-up there instead of in this thread. The moderators might consider merging this into the other thread.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-26 10:12 am   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback!

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-27 5:01 pm   Permalink

Didn't even know this existed! I just ordered one from fleabay!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-27 6:22 pm   Permalink

We should post a list of the Redbull drinks so I know what not to order when I am there...

I can't do the Redbull. It is sooo sweet. Tiki drinks are already sweet enough.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-27 6:23 pm   Permalink

They were signing these at Tiki Oasis. I was tempted to get one, but I had already spent all of my $$$.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-27 6:33 pm   Permalink

I'd rather have my voice sound like Miley Cyrus than drink a Red Bull.

lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-27 6:39 pm   Permalink

Her voice is REALLY HORRIBLE and she is not good looking at all... Lucky for her she has a famous dad!

But yeah, I would rather listen to a whole Miley album than drink a Redbull. Hopefully the Redbull drinks are just a couple. I can imagine how people would like them to stay up all night in Vegas I guess.

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-27 11:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-27 18:23, lunavideogames wrote:
They were signing these at Tiki Oasis. I was tempted to get one, but I had already spent all of my $$$.

If you(or anyone else) want one now, or in the near future, I have two more boxes of those signed ones from Oasis that I am selling. Hit me up if you want one.

If you're not from San Diego and want one, I'll be at Don's for the International Tiki Marketplace on Sept 7, or I can ship them. For sale at the cover price of $30 each, all are signed.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation