FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki tiki central mug exchange
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
tiki central mug exchange
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-09 09:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-10-08 23:38, ebtiki wrote:
I love this idea, but live in a tiki wasteland.
What I can do is post here when I have an upcoming trip that includes a stop at a place with mugs - I'd be happy to pick up mugs for anyone interested.
Cheers!

thanks ! that is the spirit in which this post was intended. glad to see the positive responses to this.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-16 3:11 pm   Permalink

Exchange/swap request: Anyone going to Chicago in the near future? I'm dying to get some of those swizzles from Three Dots & a Dash. Happy to exchange for items from Trader Sam's (or cash!)

EDIT: Wish granted- thank you, Tiki Centralites!

[ This Message was edited by: finky099 2013-10-22 00:29 ]

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-17 12:57 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2013-10-17 12:57 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Holler Waller
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-24 11:17 am   Permalink

Would still love to have an open edition cAl Sunken Cove Tiki or that plastic Dole from Disney - right now I can only offer an Atlanta Vic's or a plastic Deadhead if anyone wants...OK, I'll stop now.

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-24 11:23 am   Permalink

Forbidden Island in Alameda, CA released their new menu designed by Doug Horne last month.

You can buy a menu at the bar for $7.00.

If you would like one I could sell you one for $10 which includes first class shipping.

Just PM me and we can exchange info.

Oh and if you live in LA I have no problem selling one to you for $7.00 and just giving to you when I see you.

Let me know!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-25 3:46 pm   Permalink

Holler, I might be able to assist. Just sent you a PM.
Quote:

On 2013-10-24 11:17, Holler Waller wrote:
Would still love to have an open edition cAl Sunken Cove Tiki or that plastic Dole from Disney - right now I can only offer an Atlanta Vic's or a plastic Deadhead if anyone wants...OK, I'll stop now.

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-25 3:48 pm   Permalink

Sorry for the double post. Internet went kaplooey for a moment.

[ This Message was edited by: finky099 2013-10-25 15:49 ]

Holler Waller
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-26 4:36 pm   Permalink

Great R-99 ~ thanks for the thoughts

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-12 7:55 pm   Permalink

Foundation room = new mugs are in !!!! If anyone is headed that way, i'd like one. I'll do the same
. next time i am headed up that way, i'll let you all know and i'll pick some up. there's a new color every 500 mugs.

finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-13 4:15 pm   Permalink

That's a cool glaze. Reminds me of the one they used on the current version of the trader Sam's Shipwreck barrel. Did TF do this for Foundation, too?

Ragbag Comics
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-13 6:45 pm   Permalink

The Foundation mugs are made by Minneapolis artist Carolyn Kopecky at One Hundred 80 Degrees Studio... she did most
of the mugs (and the incredibly awesome bowls) for the Twin Cities' fabulous Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge as well.

You can actually buy the barrels direct from the Foundation by sending them a check; I would check in
with them first via their Facebook page, however, just to make sure they're not totally overrun with orders:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Foundation-Tiki-Bar/321942317456

The Foundation is truly one of the finest modern era mom & pop Tiki bars going anywhere, both in terms
of drink quality and atmosphere-- get there if you can; it's a MUST VISIT if you're in the Chicago/Milwaukee
area!

--Pete

View Profile of Ragbag Comics Send a personal message to Ragbag Comics  Goto the website of Ragbag Comics     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-15 4:10 pm   Permalink

I'm also interested in a mug from Foundation, if anyone's headed there - we saw a prototype of the mug in August, but were sworn to secrecy.

And I agree with Pete (Ragbag) - it's a wonderful bar:

(Full disclosure: two of those are water)

e.

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-15 4:42 pm   Permalink

a check ?? who takes checks these days ?? they need to get a paypal account.

klockwork
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-16 4:26 pm   Permalink

I'd love a Foundation mug and definitely the Three Dots and a Dash mugs (I Love the sea urchin!)

I'm in SoCal and have Disneyland passes so I could pick up the Dole tumblers or the 50th anniversary Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily mugs from inside the park. Also anything from Trader Sam's or the Bali Hai - we're at one or the other of those places almost every weekend.

I think Wang's still has the green Derek Yaniger mug down here in San Diego. At least they did a couple weeks ago. I could pick that up for someone as well.

Just let me know who has orders and I'd be more than happy to oblige.

View Profile of klockwork Send a personal message to klockwork      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ragbag Comics
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-16 4:39 pm   Permalink

...or you can just ask yer brother, brother!

We're going to Three Dots this weekend, most likely.

We'll be back at the Foundation in a couple weeks, too.

We gotcha...

-Pete

View Profile of Ragbag Comics Send a personal message to Ragbag Comics  Goto the website of Ragbag Comics     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation