advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Some of my Tiki carvings
Some of my Tiki carvings
Chainsaw10

Posted: 2013-08-29 7:07 pm   Permalink

Hey all! Just recently found this forum. I am amazed at some of the awesome work you guys are doin!! Lots of inspiration:)
My name is Jim Haggart. I've been carving with a chainsaw full time for about 18 years now. I'm located in NY state.
I carve all kinds of animals but nothing would make me happier than to carve Tikis full time. ....I be sick of makin bears!!
But here's a few pics of my recent Tikis

View Profile of Chainsaw10 Send a personal message to Chainsaw10      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grimbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-30 05:36 am   Permalink

Wow. Some awesome work. Welcome to tiki central.

View Profile of Grimbo Send a personal message to Grimbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-30 06:49 am   Permalink

Great stuff. Welcome aboard.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-30 06:50 am   Permalink

Great stuff. Welcome aboard.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-30 12:04 pm   Permalink

SCARY! Nice work Jim, burn all bears.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-30 1:28 pm   Permalink

That's some skills! Welcome. What kind of logs are those?

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-30 1:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-30 12:04, cy wrote:
burn all bears.

AHEM!

Something wrong with bears?

Jim,

First off, welcome to Tiki Central.

I can certainly understand wanting to branch out and try new things, "same old, same old" gets pretty boring after a bit. It looks like you've been influenced by the "Florida Aesthetic." Just a heads up, some folks really like it, and some don't care for it at all and prefer more traditional styles, some like brightly painted tikis, others hate them, so please don't run way if you hear a critical word or two on your tikis.

You have skills, and from what I see in that first pic, you carve a damn nice bear (I happen to be rather fond of bears), maybe one day I'll order one from you.

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chainsaw10

Posted: 2013-08-30 5:12 pm   Permalink

Hey guys.....thanks so much for the compliments!,...
I actually don't paint all my tikis that brightly. The triplet group was an order for a customer and he wanted them to look freaky:)

The three are made out of sassafras logs. The single first tiki is Virginia juniper(red cedar).

View Profile of Chainsaw10 Send a personal message to Chainsaw10      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chainsaw10

Posted: 2013-08-30 5:21 pm   Permalink

Here's two tikis that i made today.

The tall guy is just roughed out with the chainsaw and not quite finished. He's gonna hold a torch when he's done.....and I may give him some teeth instead of the closed mouth( not sure yet). Made from catalpa wood.

The short fat tiki is a sassafras log about three feet wide. I guesstimate that it weighs about 500 pounds. Friggin heavy!!

Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-31 4:45 pm   Permalink

Sweet

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-31 5:55 pm   Permalink

Kool

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trailerpark Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-26 2:36 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC. Nice skills.

View Profile of Trailerpark Tiki Send a personal message to Trailerpark Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-26 3:59 pm   Permalink

Mr Brudda Bear,

that is not "florida style"... that is "Wayne Coombs influence"...

Please remember that Benzart, Will, Aloha & myself are all Florida based, and we don't do Coombs stuff.

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation