Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars MauiRose's Malahini Tiki Room
MauiRose's Malahini Tiki Room
MauiRose
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-29 11:48 pm   Permalink

The Home Tiki Bars section is one of my favorites on TC so I thought I'd do my part.

"Malahini" means "guest" in Hawaiian and, well, it's our guest bedroom.

Another translation --- and a more common one, it seems --- for "malahini" is "newcomer," which I think also sort of fits because most of our friends don't know much about Tiki so this room is often their introduction to it.

Blank slate after we moved in:

Picking paint was more difficult than I thought it would be. What seemed too light on the swatch looked much darker on the wall. I at first thought the middle one would be the final choice, but ended up going with the first one (the lightest).

View Profile of MauiRose Send a personal message to MauiRose      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiRose
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-29 11:58 pm   Permalink

Then paint..

View Profile of MauiRose Send a personal message to MauiRose      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiRose
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-30 12:12 am   Permalink

Figuring out the arrangement for things:

When we moved I was so close to throwing out this three-level shelf that used to hold all our DVDs, but somebody suggested I hold onto it. It turned out to fit perfectly in the closet and the shelves are just right for Tiki mugs!

Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-30 05:40 am   Permalink

Hi MR. Looks like you are off to a good start! I really like the bar and the round rattan shelf. I need to find one of those...

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers and Aloha!

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-30 8:38 pm   Permalink

wow very very cool!!! wanna see some more phtos please!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-01 11:55 am   Permalink

Wow...great start...nice reuse of the cabinet and love your bar. Keep up the good work, the room will be a favorite in your home.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiRose
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-03 11:28 am   Permalink

Q-Tiki - Thanks! I scoured Craigslist for awhile until I found the bar and shelf.

Pele Paul - I'll have more photos soon.

Mahalo, VampiressRN!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation