FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food El Dorado in San Diego?
El Dorado in San Diego?
Maitai Mike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-02 09:03 am   Permalink

Anyone know where to buy El Dorado 15 year rum (or any El Dorado for that matter) in the San Diego area? A friend brought some over this weekend and after tasting some all I can say is fantastic! I live in NC where the liquor laws are draconian. I will be visiting San Diego later this week, where I was hoping to find some. Thanks.

View Profile of Maitai Mike Send a personal message to Maitai Mike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-02 11:54 am   Permalink

Yes, I think you can just find it at Bev Mo. They usually have at least one of the two. Or if you are driving up north, in OC there is Hi Times Liquor that has both. I think that was the only place I have found the 15 year anywhere around here. Trader Morts usually carries lots of rums as well. Hope that helps.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cvcgolf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-02 5:24 pm   Permalink

There are 3 locations in San diego according to the store locator for Bevmo.. But you better call them a week or so ahead of time so they have exactly what you want in stock.. It would be horrible for you to just show up only to hear some sales guy tell you they're out of El Dorado.. Call and tell them your situation and they'll save you some bottles.. I always enjoy El Dorado 12 year aged.. Good luck!

http://www.bevmo.com/StoreLocator

[ This Message was edited by: cvcgolf 2013-09-02 23:17 ]

View Profile of cvcgolf Send a personal message to cvcgolf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-02 11:05 pm   Permalink

Depending on where you are in So Cal, you might also try Total Wine and More as well.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-03 06:05 am   Permalink

I feel your pain MT Mike! I live in East TN where the liquor laws closely resemble the madness in NC.

If all else fails, send me a private message. I know where some is located not too far from here.

Best of luck!

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-03 09:04 am   Permalink

I think the only BevMo in San Diego that currently has El Dorado 5-Year (and they carry no other El Dorado rum) is the Mission Valley North store on Friars Road. But I'd definitely call before going.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maitai Mike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-15 12:38 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all your suggestions. Just got back with no luck. BevMo was out and the few other liquor stores I visited did not carry it.

View Profile of Maitai Mike Send a personal message to Maitai Mike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zinctiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-16 6:39 pm   Permalink

I just picked up an El Dorado 12 and 15 at Vendome's in the Hollywood area. I don't know if there are any close to you but I had to trek about 45 miles for my bottle. Would travel more...

View Profile of Zinctiki Send a personal message to Zinctiki  Email Zinctiki Goto the website of Zinctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-17 09:32 am   Permalink

Del Cerro Liq. (KnB) next to Windmill Farms off of 8 and College Blvd. should have it. Ive purchased it there before.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-17 11:57 am   Permalink

BevMo's really stepped up their rum game in the last year or so. I get my El Dorado 5 from there (you can always order online!) and that does just fine for mixing. If I really need a 12, 15, or 21 in person, there's Cap N Cork in Silverlake, CA that carries it (although its marked up.) If you can wait and want higher year rum, just order online.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cvcgolf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-18 9:17 pm   Permalink

Dude.. I told you to call them and order it in advance from Bevmo.. Most stores (booze, electronics) just don't carry much stock and they always have to place an order for you.. Always call before showing up.. Except for Total Wine and Spirits.. Those guys out here in Cali rock!

View Profile of cvcgolf Send a personal message to cvcgolf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-30 5:17 pm   Permalink

I found some sorry it is too late but at least we will know for the future.

Keg & Bottle on College & El Cajon Blvd by SDSU. They have El Dorado 12 & 15. They also had Angostura 5 & 7 & 1919. I haven't seen that anywhere either. Hope that helps in the future.

[ This Message was edited by: lunavideogames 2013-10-30 20:22 ]

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-01 1:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks! We've been meaning to check that location out; now there's more incentive.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-17 3:33 pm   Permalink

Goslings black seal and 151 on sale for $9.99 at Riviera liquor in Point Loma!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation