Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Art Show in Oakland
Tiki Art Show in Oakland
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-08 8:19 pm   Permalink

Rad tiki people! I've put a few images of my art up on here recently and am excited to be having my own solo art show at Creative Framing and Gallery in Oakland. The main wall is all tiki, and we made a little 'hut' to feature the paintings. Lots of black velvet paintings, acrylic on wood, watercolors, and a few other fun things.

There is an opening reception on Saturday September 14th and I'd love to see some tikicentral people! Stop by the art show, then head down the hill to Forbidden Island for drinks. Anyway, here is a flyer for the show and few of the paintings.

Thanks for checking this out and hope to see some of you there!
Here is the Gallery website:
http://creativeframingoakland.com

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-08 8:30 pm   Permalink

Congratulations. I hope you have a lot of fun, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-08 8:33 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the show! I really like your work! I'm sure the show will be a huge success!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-11 07:16 am   Permalink

Cool, thanks Eric and Wendy!! Means a lot coming from both of you. Love seeing all of your works on here as well. I don't make it out to many events outside of the bay area, but hopefully will get a chance to meet up with either/both of you in the future. Thanks for the support!

Here are a couple more images of my work. The first is one of the robots in the show. I like to do robots, so I mixed tiki and robot, and here he is! The gallery owner said he's more tiki than robot, which is fine by me

And here is another watercolor, painted while we were in Maui earlier this year.

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-13 08:53 am   Permalink

I plan on coming over to check out your exhibit tomorrow. I didn't even realize you were local to the Bay Area.

I have always liked your work and congrats on the show!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-14 10:09 am   Permalink

Look forward to meeting you SandraDee!

Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-16 7:50 pm   Permalink

The Saturday night reception was lots of fun, thanks to everyone who came out! Good meeting some of you. Here is photo of me, my wife Jessica, and friend Frank. There is a closing reception on Saturday October 19, so hopefully I'll see some of you again!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-16 8:04 pm   Permalink

Are you guys drinking wine!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-10-19 2:53 pm   Permalink

Tonight is the closing reception and party for the Tiki show. Come on over, 6-9pm for some polynesian fun in Oakland! 5015 Woodminster Lane, Oakland CA. Say hi and let me know you saw me on TC! Some pieces are sold, but I still have lots of tiki art available.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-20 8:42 pm   Permalink

What fun to have your own art show. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed your photos. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation