FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Roll Call for Bongs O.C.Mini Crawl............
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Roll Call for Bongs O.C.Mini Crawl............
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-07 3:30 pm   Permalink

Add two more to the bus list for me.

Thanks

"Trustar"
Paul

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-08 10:25 pm   Permalink

Anyone notice this is now a "Hot Topic!!"??
The file is "On Fire!!" Score!!!
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-10 09:13 am   Permalink

Just want to make sure we are all on the same page. Meeting time? Is it still at 5pm at Bamboo Ben's? How about the bus? Are we all just going to split it?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-10 10:40 am   Permalink

Our bud Elliot and his friends, Jan and Larry, would like to go. Is there room?.
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-10 10:51 am   Permalink

Yeah, what about that bus? I will be down there by 5:00

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-10 1:25 pm   Permalink

According to Ben, the bus has 29 seats, and we are just about 20 so far, so bring'em on, the more the merrier (and cheaper)

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-10 1:54 pm   Permalink

I am wondering if a bus has actually been contracted.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-10 3:11 pm   Permalink

No, we are all gonna line up in double rows in Ben's parking lot, and go "Honk Honk!" and "Vroom Vroom" and "Screech" as we chug along the route to Mai Tai-ville...
It's all about make believe, isn't it?

But seriously, I would expect that either Ben or Bong have done that...and hope that neither assumed that of the other!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-07-10 5:28 pm   Permalink

Hey All!

I ordered the bus just now at Ben's shop. I put it on my Amex card. For 6 hours (6pm to 12 am), including gratituity, it's $375. If 20 people are going that will be about $20 per person.

If you're wondering if there is enough room for additional people, count up who's going on this topic and figure it out. The bus seats 29 people.

Oh yeah! They said if we mess the bus up it's $200 more! So be cool.

Try to get to Ben's shop on YORKTOWN by, as in no later than, 6:00 because we leave then.

Payment for the bus is due and payable to my wahini when we sit our butts down on the seat.

The plan is Sam's first, then Royal Hawaiian. If we still have time we hit Li's. Or else if it's after 12:00 and the bus is done, we'll can drive there as Ben thinks they would stay open if we call 'em.

Aloha.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2002-07-10 17:30 ]

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-10 6:44 pm   Permalink

I sure hope that we go to Li's, why rent a bus if we just hit two joints, I can drive with one Mai Tai from Sam's to the R.H. myself, that's no crawl...

PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-07-10 7:55 pm   Permalink

I'm going to try to make it. I think I can get to OC by 6PM (I'll be coming from Pasadena that day). It'll be just me so add one to the list. Directions to where we're meeting, or a complete address so I can look it up on mapquest, would help a lot.

-- Paul

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-07-10 9:15 pm   Permalink

Bigbro!

After 11:00 pm the bus is $65/hour (plus 20% gratituity). We are paying that rate from 11:00 to 12:00. I'm cool with keeping the bus past 12:00 am as long as everyone knows that they'll need to cough up the additional bucks as they will have paid in full to 12:00 am as soon as we leave Ben's place.

It's my Amex card on the line. I love you all, but credit it credit.
If you're cool with that, let's do it.

Bong

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-11 12:06 am   Permalink

Alooooooha's!
How come everyone wants to go at the last minute? We might have to exchange Mrs. Bamboo (due to kid sitter problems) with King KU-KU Lele!!!!!!! I'm in serious talks with him about the entertainment on the bus. C.D's are great but King Ku-Ku on the bus!!?
How fun would that be!!?? Bong put his ass on the line (the bus co. has many contradicting what-evers in their contract) so, a cheers to him and his wahine at Sams would be cool. (Bong was a bit worried cause he hasn't met anyone in person but, I put my ass on the line telling him how everyone is so cool). Wow, this is going to be so cool!!
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-11 12:08 am   Permalink

Well, nobody knew that until now...so let's get some more people on board!
I just think if we simply go from A to B, why go to Ben's at all, just meet at Sam's, and go to the RH from there (and after that everybody is on their drunk own). That really does not require a bus...
So, in my opinion, off course we should pay for the extra hour, and go to Li's...can one eat there, or is dinner at Sam's?

Don't worry about you credit card, no Tiki Central bro gets left behind!

bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-11 12:11 am   Permalink

p.s I made a mistke.
The bus holds 28 people. Does that mean I'm out if it fills up? Shit!!! God Damn it!!!!

712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Store Hours- Sat. 10-5ish
Sun. 11-4ish (summer only)

[ This Message was edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-07-11 00:26 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation