FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars New member, new build and new to Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
New member, new build and new to Tiki
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-12 11:17 pm   Permalink

Guilty as charged...yes I am an RN (16 years ICU and 17 years Management & Education in Telehealth Nursing). However, my first love is home decor, unfortunately I have no carpentry skills....so just have to drool over everyone else's fabulous builds.

I need a water feature.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-13 02:16 am   Permalink

Hey dtel, I see you haven't named your bar yet, what!
you really must remedy that & update your thread title
because this is now a full blown build

You will find with a name, your place will take on a personality
with all the hard work you've done, I thinks it ready.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-13 06:01 am   Permalink

Looking awesome...just missing one very important element... tiki. Remember this isn't AwesomeBackyardBarCentral.com, its TikiCentral.com.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dtel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-14 1:05 pm   Permalink

Your right no name yet, when the right one comes along I guess ?

Your right no tikis yet, it's a shame really but it will happen, for a temporary name what about, wannabe tiki

View Profile of dtel Send a personal message to dtel  Email dtel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dtel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-14 1:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-12 23:17, VampiressRN wrote:
Guilty as charged...yes I am an RN (16 years ICU and 17 years Management & Education in Telehealth Nursing). However, my first love is home decor, unfortunately I have no carpentry skills....so just have to drool over everyone else's fabulous builds.

I need a water feature.

That's a tough job, our daughter is an RN, she loves her job, she has tried ER, a heart hospital, ICU and a few others. She is now doing Hospice, the only one she refuses to try is working with kids/baby's, I can't blame her for that.

A good Nurse is more important than the doc in many cases.

After your 16 and 17 years doing what you did you could easily do some carpentry, just be careful to keep all the fingers and other parts you will need later.

View Profile of dtel Send a personal message to dtel  Email dtel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
muskrat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-14 4:53 pm   Permalink

just got through reading all 9 pages.
sweet build. so much to love.
the water feature is by far one of the coolest i've seen. look forward to seeing where this goes.

View Profile of muskrat Send a personal message to muskrat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mcmtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-14 6:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-14 16:53, muskrat wrote:
the water feature is by far one of the coolest i've seen. look forward to seeing where this goes.

I feel compelled to second that -- this is one of the best water features I've ever seen.

View Profile of mcmtiki Send a personal message to mcmtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dtel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-14 7:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-14 16:53, muskrat wrote:

Well thanks both of you, but if it don't get some kind of tiki the poops going to hit the fan around here.

jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-15 07:40 am   Permalink

I made a little graphic for you...

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dtel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-15 12:03 pm   Permalink

Ha that's funny, but true.

I have tried but not successfully, I need to find something better to try on. I did need a pole behind the bar to hold more hammocks, they seem to be very popular. So instead of just sticking a pole out there I tried carving a design in the pole. The top design is with a router, from there down was done with a chainsaw, should have stuck with the chainsaw it came out better.

Still sucks, try not to laugh (much) I need a big piece of regular wood that's not 20 years old treated and hard as nails, then I can try again.

[ This Message was edited by: dtel 2014-08-15 12:14 ]

jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-17 04:57 am   Permalink

The key is, now its a tiki bar.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation