advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Taha'a Twisted Tiki, Saint Louis, MO (bar)
Taha'a Twisted Tiki, Saint Louis, MO (bar)

Posted: 2013-09-12 1:41 pm   Permalink

Name:Taha'a Twisted Tiki
Street:4199 Manchester Road
City:Saint Louis
Phone:(314) 367-1200

Just found a new Tiki bar opening in St. Louis.

I'm not affiliated, but thought you guys would also like to know. Should be opening in three weeks or so.

View Profile of Deech Send a personal message to Deech      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-24 7:17 pm   Permalink

Sadly, I live 6 miles from this place and haven't been there yet. It's partly because I don't want to be disappointed. We have no tiki scene here at all, aside from what individuals have in their basement bars. You can see from the Yelp reviews that a lot of people who care about tiki are trying to be constructive in their criticisms: http://yelp.com/biz/tahaa-twisted-tiki-saint-louis

[ This Message was edited by: Greg_D_R 2014-09-03 12:31 ]

View Profile of Greg_D_R Send a personal message to Greg_D_R      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-25 06:42 am   Permalink

That reminds me of the Big Kahuna chain restaurants. They try to be tiki/Polynesian, but other than a few things on their food menu, and some really good tiki carvings, they fall flat in other areas especially drink quality. Yet we try to maintain a constructive approach to encourage them, and others, to bring more tiki.

Never give up the challenge and try to remain positive. A little tiki raises awareness better than no tiki.
I need to spend more time in my bar and less time posting on Tiki Central...

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kraig
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-28 9:31 pm   Permalink

Saint Louis Tiki Ohana is having our first gathering at Taha'a.
We're really trying to help the owners / management get better acquainted with tiki culture - including music.

Come join us. Friday, Sept 5, 2014 7PM at Taha'a

With much Aloha!
Kahuna Kraig

View Profile of Kahuna Kraig Send a personal message to Kahuna Kraig  Email Kahuna Kraig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-31 01:33 am   Permalink

That's the spirit! Tell'em to get TIKI POP …and please remember that Tiki and TC are a VISUAL medium.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-01 07:42 am   Permalink

I'll be there. Although a little late. We have to drive down from Springfield.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation