FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Album Cover Art Swap - Deadline Dec 24th - It's Done!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
Album Cover Art Swap - Deadline Dec 24th - It's Done!!!
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-14 08:14 am   Permalink

It's official, the next Art Swap theme will be Album Cover Inspired Art. Could be Exotica, Hawaiian, Tahitian Drums, Maori Haka ~ whatever you consider to be Tiki. Drawing will be 9pm Pacific December 24th and I will post results Christmas Morning.

Last winter we tried a Swap to end mid December but people got tied with the business of the holidays and could not meet the deadline. START WORKING NOW SO YOU CAN FINISH ON TIME

For those unfamiliar with the concept, you make an original art piece (not a mold or a print) inspired by the theme in any media ~ could be a painting, digital, carving, ceramic, beaded, knit, sewn, mixed, diorama, whatever. People will be paired by random drawing and will send to their partner.

Here are past Swaps
Cannibals!
Sea Creatures of the South Pacific
Pele/Volcano/Fire
Ladies of Tiki
Birds of the Pacific
Papua New Guinea
Polynesian Menu
Shrunken Heads/Headhunters

If you are interested in this Swap and you were NOT on my mass-mailing e-mail list last time, drop me a PM with your e-mail address

**************************************************************************************
Original post

Quote:

On 2013-09-13 06:02, AlohaStation wrote:
How about another Swap. Perhaps a Xmas theme?

I like it! We tried to end the last winter Swap before Christmas but people had trouble meeting the deadline so we extended it to the end of January. If we start now can we finish before Christmas? How about holding the drawing Christmas morning?

What do you think?

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-09-15 08:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-12-04 10:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-12-10 19:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-12-22 21:38 ]

[ This Message was edited by: maddogmike 2013-12-24 06:35 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-12-24 22:52 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-14 08:28 am   Permalink

Theme ideas?

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis

Posted: 2013-09-14 09:03 am   Permalink

If we put on a Santa hat on a tiki then he has to go in the closet for the rest of the year. I would hope to keep it on-line with the other swap ideas.
I would still like to see one with the art based on the cover of a Hawaiian album cover. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-14 09:08 am   Permalink

I love the idea of Christmas themed but do agree with Wendy about having to put it in the closet for the rest of the year....

I'm in but I'm not feeling particularly creative at the moment. It might depend on if the theme brings me inspiration.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-14 09:17 am   Permalink

I'm up for another swap.

Hawaiian album covers would certainly offer a lot of possibilities for creativity to bloom.
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-14 10:03 am   Permalink

I might be able to do this one. But Christmas morning? I'm busy that day...

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-14 2:00 pm   Permalink

The cannibal swap was a blast, so I would be up for another. Work has finally slowed down enough for me to check out what is new.

Is the piece an interpretation of an existing cover, or what we would like to see on a cover?

I like the Christmas idea too. Would a Christmas card exchange work?

<TU>

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-14 6:19 pm   Permalink

I'm IN!

But not for a christmas themed tiki (I do so many holiday themed day job illustrations and animations through November/December that I can't imagine doing a tiki)

Also - if we are doing album covers - can it be exotica albums too - not just Hawaiian music?

Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-14 6:28 pm   Permalink

I think I may be able to make this one!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-14 9:20 pm   Permalink

Album cover theme......I like

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-15 12:49 am   Permalink

I'm in again fo sho!

I LOVE the album cover idea, and vote for hawaiian/exotica. Tons of great ideas there! Does it have to be the exact album cover? or could it also be based on some of those great line drawings you see on the inside or backside of the record covers?

Also, although I enjoy doing my yearly christmas pendants/ornaments, I also think that it should not be holiday themed.

gonna be fun!! (and challenging for me! I LIKE it!!!)

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-15 05:44 am   Permalink

In. I love the album-inspired theme... if Mike's theme is a go, would vote for a "Holiday" theme over a "XMas (only()" theme... . Think the an LP theme will present some awesome entries. I'd agree w/ Henrik, exotica counts, too...?

Thanks Mike for kicking it off once again!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiAno 2013-09-15 05:49 ]

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-15 08:23 am   Permalink

It's official, the next Art Swap theme will be Album Cover Inspired Art. Could be Exotica, Hawaiian, Tahitian Drums, Maori Haka ~ whatever you consider to be Tiki. Drawing will be 9pm Pacific December 24th and I will post results Christmas Morning.

Last winter we tried a Swap to end mid December but people got tied with the business of the holidays and could not meet the deadline. START WORKING NOW SO YOU CAN FINISH ON TIME

For those unfamiliar with the concept, you make an original art piece (not a mold or a print) inspired by the theme in any media ~ could be a painting, digital, carving, ceramic, beaded, knit, sewn, mixed, diorama, whatever. People will be paired by random drawing and will send to their partner.

If you are interested in this Swap and you were NOT on my mass-mailing e-mail list last time, drop me a PM with your e-mail address
If you would like to lead this Swap or a future one, let me know. I don't want to hog up all the fun

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis

Posted: 2013-09-15 09:14 am   Permalink

Thank you Mike for running another swap. I love them. I am honored that my idea will be the theme.

There is a music thread here on TC with photos of albums and also many are posted on Tiki Finds. Dan has some too with tikis on the front.
It's going to be fun to see the swap entry and what inspired the person.

Dan just got this one. I don't know if I'll use it but the hunt is on! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-15 09:31 am   Permalink

This is going to be good...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation