FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Album Cover Art Swap - Deadline Dec 24th - It's Done!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
Album Cover Art Swap - Deadline Dec 24th - It's Done!!!
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-28 06:23 am   Permalink

Cy- that looks so sweet! i am really digging the colors that thing looks amazing.

Wendy- you are going all out that is really crazy for a mug someones going to be having a very happy christmas.

TikiAno- That mugs is looking damn fine too.

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye Goto the website of anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-28 2:08 pm   Permalink

Thank you anthoneymaye. When are you coming over?

Close up before dusting with the air compressor.

The Album cover swap mug is cleaned up and ready for bisque firing.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-29 08:13 am   Permalink

Heat it up n show it off

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-29 4:52 pm   Permalink

Out of the kiln and no cracks. Yippee, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-29 8:21 pm   Permalink

Stunning...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-30 8:11 pm   Permalink

I have been AWOL for a while working on non-tiki creative projects for work. Wendy, TikiAno, Cy, Jon, Anthony - you guys are going to town and putting me to shame I need to get crackin!!! Lori, looking forward to see where you go with your album.

I've got a long 12 hour nightshift ahead of me and (hopefully) not too much work to do. I brought some clay and tools, let's see what I can get done tonight

When I printed this picture out in greyscale, you can really see the canvas texture. I'll have to see if I can add a like texture to him after he is all carved, sculpted, and hollowed out.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-30 8:32 pm   Permalink

Go Mike go
U inspired me, I want to bring chisels to the ER

Can't wait to see the magic

Jon

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-30 9:10 pm   Permalink

Jon, I'm the only one in the department tonite. I'm not sure you could pull off chisels in the ER

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-10-30 21:12 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-30 11:28 pm   Permalink

Basic sculpt is done, now to let him dry some and firm up. Then cleave him in half with a machete and hollow him out! He will be interesting to hollow out, the deep eye sockets will make a constriction at the top of the mug, ice cubes may be a problem. The top knot will be slab formed and added after the halves are re-joined.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-31 02:32 am   Permalink

Don't worry little Moai guy, lightning never strikes twice in the same place

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-31 03:05 am   Permalink

Hang in there my little hollow-headed friend, we'll have you back together in no time

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-31 03:58 am   Permalink

There, no one will ever know!

Now you go back in the bag and I'll try to clean up this mess before the next shift comes in

Inside the mug behind the eyes is about 1.5 x 1.25 inches, so ice cubes won't be a problem. Next will be to finish cleaning up the seams, add a bottom and a top knot.

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-31 07:46 am   Permalink

Mike,

Great to see you're working hard.... at work. Great to see your step by steps, learned quite a bit! Great details, look forward to seeing it progress- and your solution for the eye socket "issue" re: cubes, though I'm sure you have a few ideas up yer sleeves.

Happy Halloween, all!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-31 08:15 am   Permalink

Dude
U r killin me
Who makes a mug in one night, at work no less

Awesome

Jon

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-01 09:50 am   Permalink

Since the test piece is pretty much carved I started working on the "real" swap piece. Unfortunately only took one (initial) photo so far. Sketched out the Moai first for the Exotica mug...

I then drew all the bamboo and started trimming away. The clay was still pretty wet & unfortunately had to make some repairs along the way due to some overzealous trimming. The repairs are now setting under plastic. Will wait until next week to see how it set up. All of the bamboo is trimmed away and most of the moai's face. Sorry I only took this 'teaser' photo, forgot to take more....

This mug is a bit taller, and narrower, then the 'tanker' one already carved- it also holds a lot less liquid, which is better for most-- but not all (yes, thinking about you, Jon).

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation