FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Album Cover Art Swap - Deadline Dec 24th - It's Done!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
Album Cover Art Swap - Deadline Dec 24th - It's Done!!!
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-11 7:43 pm   Permalink

TikiPops in da house
Sweet
Can't wait to see it

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-11 9:10 pm   Permalink

Very cool Pops, glad to have you on board (pun intended )

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-12 04:27 am   Permalink

Love seeing more peoples jumping into the Tiki Art Swap pool.

The more, the merrier!

~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-12 05:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-11-05 20:00, cy wrote:
One of the things I like about these swaps is that I learn a lot about processes in art that are not familiar to me. Pert near done with the album cover, will touch up portions with paint then it's on to the frame.

WOW!!
Cy that is AWESOME!
But where are the stacked tiki?

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-12 07:36 am   Permalink

MadDogMike that is a wonderful mug. There's time to make a mold for sharing!!!

TikiPops very nice.

What a great swap this will be. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-12 11:16 am   Permalink

TikiPops, awesome. Dig the wooden album cover concept.

I glazed the bowl as well as the (test) tiki mug- Mug 2.0 is still drying out, so have time to see how these glazes turn out. Both the mug and bowl have similar (but not entirely identical) glazes. The bowl was thrown with Speckled buff clay, so once it's glaze fired some little dots will be showing through the glaze.

I used a variety of Shino glazes, which leave a nice effect with a bit of texture, dependent on how thick/ thin the coats of glazes are (2-3 per each glaze color). Each one of these pieces has 6-7 glazes on each, which meant a whole lotta glazing time. Wendy, my hat's off to you, since you often do detail glazing work- I can say, I'll stick with 1-3 colors next time Hope to see these fired in a few days.

The bowl (easy, glazing in between the lines):

The mug, (one side):

Hmmmm, I wonder what happened to all the other TCers who were going to join in...

Great swap pieces from all so far!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-12 12:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-11-12 11:16, TikiAno wrote:

Hmmmm, I wonder what happened to all the other TCers who were going to join in...

I am beginning to panic!

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-12 1:54 pm   Permalink

Tiki Ano, looks great, waiting to see it fired.
Henrik don't panic - there will be another Swap if you don't make this one
Just remember, "don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-12 3:36 pm   Permalink

Skip- I think this swap needs a Skipper piece
Ano- lookin good brother, can't wait to c em fired
Van- u can do it
MadDog- u funny mo fo

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-13 09:15 am   Permalink

MDM, ha!

Henrik, there's plenty of time left... look forward to seeing your next creation...

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-14 09:47 am   Permalink

No need to panic - We're plugging away!
~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-14 4:04 pm   Permalink

I have cruised through this thread and WOW! What an impressive, enthusiastic, creative BUNCH OF KOOKS!
Excited to see how this progresses...I am going to have to step up to this project !

View Profile of tigertail Send a personal message to tigertail      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-14 4:50 pm   Permalink

tigertail777 I resemble that remark. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-14 5:23 pm   Permalink

You DO resemble that remark! But I am the OTHER Tigertail,
777 and I may have to work that out! Its the name of the street I grew up on,
not terribly Tiki I have to confess. Love your work BTW,

View Profile of tigertail Send a personal message to tigertail      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-14 5:25 pm   Permalink

*NAME ALERT*
We now have 2 "Tigertails":
Tigertail777 who is a painter from Oregon currently working on an amazing Egyptian painting
Tigertail is a sculptor (from California?) in the entertainment business who is interested in joining our Swap

Not picking on you Wendy. Normally if someone got a name wrong I would send them a PM and let them quietly edit it. But everyone needs to be aware of the similar names so there won't be as much confusion. It's not the first time there are 2 people with similar names and it won't be the last

Welcome to our Kooky Swap Tigertail

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation