FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Album Cover Art Swap - Deadline Dec 24th - It's Done!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
Album Cover Art Swap - Deadline Dec 24th - It's Done!!!
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-14 8:17 pm   Permalink

I think something that might help, once I figure out how to do it is to put a visual signature at the bottom of my posts. The picture will be one of my art pieces and say "Tiki Tiger Studios" which I am thinking of getting a doing business as license as, and is the name of my facebook page.

The hilarious irony here is that I had two other names on here many years ago because I kept forgetting I had already registered with how far between my posts were then, and one of them was "tigertail". The more tigers the merrier I always say. Every real tiger has a completely unique stripe pattern you know, so there IS a way to tell them apart.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled art swap thread.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-15 10:32 am   Permalink

Progress! Finally!

~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-15 2:01 pm   Permalink

Zero- looks awesome
One question, do the feet holding it up come with it?

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-15 7:36 pm   Permalink

Jon, ha ha ha.

Zero, awesome. I think I may have to get this one, too.

Tigertail(s), I suppose each of you should answer whenever someone mentions (either one of) you. Or....

[ This Message was edited by: TikiAno 2013-11-15 19:48 ]

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-15 11:49 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-16 08:19 am   Permalink

Count me in..rhum painting on parchment..a chance to imbibe and illustrate!!

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-16 08:41 am   Permalink

.....Feet sold separately, Jon.
toes on the nose, perhaps?

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-16 4:55 pm   Permalink

Moondog- sweet
Zero-

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-16 8:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks tigertail. How funny that I mixed you up. I have met tigertail777, one day I'll meet you.
Great art guys, funny comic. My mug is finished but I can load photos until I get back home.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-17 10:38 pm   Permalink

I've finished the MadDogMike December 24th Swap Mug. Here's how it looks.

The inside is black with flat gold flakes.

I'm one view short. The next turn would have shown the serpent around the stake. I better get that before this ships out.
========================================================================================================================

What a fun swap. Thank you MadDogMike for getting us all to work. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-18 08:43 am   Permalink

AWESOME.....

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-18 7:39 pm   Permalink

Wendy, wow, the detail is amazing. Great color choices.

Both the test mug (V1.0) and the Exotica bowl came out of the kiln. First, the Martin Denny album cover:

I drew, then painted the design using a black glaze. I used a squeeze bottle for the finer details- which left a thicker glaze application than I had thought- thus a bit of running around the Moai's face. The rest of the glazes are Shinos, which demonstrate a variety of color based on the thickness of the application. The clay body is "Speckled Buff," which has specks that come out when it's high fired. The interior:

Exterior/ side:

This is the test version of the tiki mug for the Swap- it's a bit shorter and very wide- can hold a LOT of any beverage. The red lipstick underglaze was applied a bit too thick, I admit. The subsequent version should be a lot cleaner (it's being bisque fired now):

Interior:

The forehead pendant should have come out golden in color- not sure what happened- a test piece with the same glaze came out perfectly- most likely was the position in the kiln (I didn't load it).

Look forward to seeing everyone else's updates....

(some more work and photos on my thread).

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-18 8:21 pm   Permalink

Just back from a long trip, lots of cool stuff to look at here. Will post tomorrow

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-20 08:27 am   Permalink

Great progress ZeroTiki, way to get into your work bb, one of my favorites Wendy, nice work TikiAno, more beverage-I want that one.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-20 08:39 am   Permalink

MadDogMike we are so glad you are back home.

Cy thank you. You said just what I was thinking.

Tiki Ano the jewelry on the forehead of the Moai to match the cover art is precious.

This has been just fun. Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation