FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Album Cover Art Swap - Deadline Dec 24th - It's Done!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
Album Cover Art Swap - Deadline Dec 24th - It's Done!!!
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-20 1:16 pm   Permalink

Ano- sweet..............

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-25 07:12 am   Permalink

I finally got a few hours in on my project.

Here is the design copied onto to the wood.

Here is the progress after an hour or so.

I should be able to knock out a lot this holiday weekend.

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-25 5:54 pm   Permalink

Just when I was losing hope I found this album hidden in a boxed set of Mario Lanza records that belonged to my parents. SADLY the disc is cracked so we will NEVER know what the percussion rhythms of Wes Saxton actually sound like, all one can do is hold the fractured vinyl up to your ear and imagine...

View Profile of tigertail Send a personal message to tigertail      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-25 9:10 pm   Permalink

TikiPops, looks great, and makes me feel terrible about my router skills. Thanks a lot. Seriously, look forward to seeing it progress!

Tigertail, good cover, and still time to get creatin'.

Glazed Mug v.2.0. A little crack appeared after bisque firing it (certain parts were trimmed pretty thin). I filed some of the bottom, used the ground bisqueware to plug the hole. (Glaze over top should work, I hope). I then glazed the piece: 6 glazes, multiple coats of each, took a bit of time. Whenever I glaze details like this my hat goes off to Wendy and Henrik, and everyone else, who regularly do incredibly detailed glaze work.

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-25 11:00 pm   Permalink

Pops/tiger/ano

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-26 07:22 am   Permalink

Oops! I have to explain. The cover IS the piece, I am working on the backside album notes now!
It's an imaginary album.

View Profile of tigertail Send a personal message to tigertail      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-26 10:29 am   Permalink

tigertail777 Dan was so in love with your cover that he had me looking on Amazon and eBay for the Album. What does your parents look like?

Tiki Ano I love honesty. I would always trust you. I hope that the little crack will go away with your repair. I've had it work.
Every time I see your piece I also in my head see the album cover so you pulled it off.

Cheers everyone. It's good to be home. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-26 1:41 pm   Permalink

I looked a bunch of stuff and really liked these two, they remind me of classic Saul Bass movie tittle sequences...

drew a hot orange red background with prima color pencil, scanned and printed it and drew over the print with pencil again to really saturate the color.

Then came up with a name that had that hot jungle feel, Fever Drums, and drew a title in the style of Legends of Hawaii

and some other images

then combined it all and lifted the Capital and High Fidelity bugs from a Les Baxter album 'Skins'...

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-26 2:55 pm   Permalink

Nice tigertail, TikiPops and Ano, great to see progress!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-27 1:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-27 10:09 pm   Permalink

tigertail777 I like those step by step photos, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-27 11:04 pm   Permalink

I've been slackin' on my Art Swap Leader duties, too many extra-curricular activities

ZeroTiki - Your Exotical is looking good, any updates?
BBmoondog - Glad to have you back with your burnt rhum. Very nice
Wendy - That mug matches the album cover PERFECTLY. The interior glaze is cool too.
TikiAno - You are juggling 3 pieces on this project! I like that Speckled Buff clay, good luck with that crack :fingers crossed:
TikiPops - That is some intricate router work!
TigerTail - Very cool! So the elements are hand drawn individually then scanned and assembled digitally? I like that white worn aging

My mug has been vegetating but I am getting ready to order some glazes for it, maybe tonight?

LESS THAN 4 WEEKS TO THE DEADLINE!!!!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-28 08:40 am   Permalink

Tigertail- way cool
MadDog- sweet

tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-28 11:38 am   Permalink

I really like the 'how to' quality of this thread! The thought process and the technical, great stuff guys!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-29 08:57 am   Permalink

Dan really wants your album cover tigertail and Dan's mug and all the rest of the swaps too. The man has good taste in tiki art! Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation