FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Album Cover Art Swap - Deadline Dec 24th - It's Done!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
Album Cover Art Swap - Deadline Dec 24th - It's Done!!!
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-10 08:11 am   Permalink

MadDog you are full of talent and surprises. I can see the CD cover coming to life. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-10 12:20 pm   Permalink

Finnish that piece of contraband
Then I'll be over to confiscate the evidence

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-10 2:10 pm   Permalink

ALL RIGHT MADDOG, WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE! DROP THE BRUSHES, PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD AND SLOWLY BACK AWAY FROM THE CANVAS!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-10 7:11 pm   Permalink

Mike, where did you get the square canvas? I couldn't find one!

Cy, that guy is over the top! I love your project.

<2 weeks to go? Cram time!!! Gotta get my piece done.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-10 7:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the encouragement my friends

Time to start doing some counting to see how many participants we have so far for this Swap. I expect that it will be a smaller quantity because of the upcoming Holidays but the quality is through the roof!

EDIT - Lori, I found it at Michael's Crafts. 12x12, they had both black and white.

[ This Message was edited by: maddogmike 2013-12-10 19:36 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-10 7:49 pm   Permalink

I got mine at AC Moore, another craft store but we have Michael's too. I'll keep in mind that they have squares. AC Moore only has rectangles.

Too late for this project though..... I'll probably lose points for that. (LOL)

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-10 9:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-12-10 19:49, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
.... I'll probably lose points for that. (LOL)

This is kinda like T-Ball, nobody's keeping score (as far as you know )

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-12-11 11:58 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-11 12:08 pm   Permalink

I find 13 artist who have posted the start of their pieces, but some have not posted any progress in a while.

MaukaHale
ZeroTiki
AnthonyMaye
Hang10Tiki
Cy
TikiAno
DanLovesTikis
MadDogMike
LoriLovesTiki
WaikikianMoeKele
TikiPops
bb moondog
Tigertail
(Let me know if I missed anyone)

Hopefully everyone will finish and we may get a few surprises out of the woodwork.
DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 24th (Christmas Eve) @ 9PM PACIFIC Swap results to be posted Christmas morning sometime.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-11 1:02 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-11 2:38 pm   Permalink

13 my lucky number after 10.

Weird. In the mail this week I received a vintage mug from IRVEL S. of Boston, MA.
Does anyone know him? I don't think I do or why he sent me a mug. Maybe my memory is failing. Wendy

PS Mike that looks great

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-12-11 3:36 pm   Permalink

Great stuff! I have been swamped with work but will re-emerge shortly with my piece completed! How does the swap actually work? Names pull rout of a virtual Hat??

View Profile of tigertail Send a personal message to tigertail      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-11 7:41 pm   Permalink

Wendy, were you taking place in the Winter Mug Swap? I got a PM from someone wanting to know which mugs you didn't have. I laughed at him and told him "Good luck!"

Tigertail, as Swap Coordinator I will do the drawing Christmas Eve evening. The names of everyone who has posted a picture of their finished piece will go into a Tiki Mug and I will draw out pairs of names. A and B will exchange, C & D, E & F, etc. If there is an odd number of Swapees, the last 3 drawn will exchange in a circular fashion - X to Y, Y to Z, and Z to X. Clear as mud?

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-11 10:28 pm   Permalink

I put a coat of Paste Wax on the outside of the mug. Gives it just a little sheen but mostly protects from fruit juice stains soaking into the unglazed surface. Made a wooden coaster to go under the mug, I'm calling it done!

It looks EXACTLY like the original as long as you don't compare them side by side

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-12 12:00 am   Permalink

Wow MadDog you and CY are the whole package of multitalented whatchamacallits.

I did enter the Winter swap and that was completed before this mug arrived. I'll have to write to this guy to find out what's up. Thanks for checking.

Wendy

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-12 07:44 am   Permalink

MadDog- it came out great cuz...

But why the big change?
Didn't you pull the names out of a bed pan last time

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation