FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » TikiFarm's recent mugs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
TikiFarm's recent mugs
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-23 8:34 pm   Permalink

Hey if I wanted all of your opinions, I would give them to you, now who wants a drink

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-24 12:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-10-23 20:34, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Hey if I wanted all of your opinions, I would give them to you, now who wants a drink

They will be flowing Saturday!
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-24 05:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-10-23 20:21, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
Quote:

On 2013-10-23 08:39, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
Quote:

On 2013-10-22 22:01, bigbrotiki wrote:
Thanks Nui' Umi, it's good to hear people care. Tipsy and I go way back, he likes to step on people's toes, and was yanking my chain, and I went for it.

thanks sven !! I knew you would "get" my warped humor..... and thanks for the lengthy and informative response.

Tipsy, Looks like I went for it too.Accept my sincere apology and keep posing!
Cheers
Btw, your “handle "is pretty cool.

no worries !! - .... and i can't take credit for my "handle" - it's from the simpsons !!

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2013-10-24 05:08 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-24 06:04 am   Permalink

"no worries !! - .... and i can't take credit for my "handle" - it's from the simpsons !!"

On the documentary Plastic Paradise there's talk of a Tiki McStagger is that your brother?

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-24 07:24 am   Permalink

Considering Sven's books are out of print....not sure how he can do much selling of them here! I just saw the one post where BOT is going for 73 bucks, because they are now collector items!

I am holding on to my copy of BOT and TM forever. My BOT is one of the first ones, actually.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-10-24 09:56 am   Permalink

Place thread here:

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AdOrAdam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-24 3:02 pm   Permalink

This thread has had some derailing! I particularly like that BigBroTiki appeared with a SHAZZAM when called

Quote:

On 2013-10-21 16:43, TikiTacky wrote:
I feel like this thread is turning into "My concept of tiki is better than yours." All I wanted to do was lament the recent dearth of traditional form tiki mugs.

Ha ha

Anyway...

RE: Whats your definition of a tiki mug?

Quote:

On 2013-10-20 08:03, TikiTacky wrote:
1) It's a mug. 2) It has the image of a tiki on it.

Quote:

On 2013-10-20 15:06, AdOrAdam wrote:
Too narrow. What about barrel mugs & coconut mugs? Or the Trader Vics coffee grog skull mug?

I thought about this post & thought 'Ill post a good selection of mugs & they'll still count as tiki mugs...'

And then I realised... Yes, only one of the mugs in my photo is a 'tiki' mug, the tangaroa one.

The barrel & bamboo are sort of 'non tiki tiki mugs' - i.e. traditional style mugs that would not be out of place in a tiki bar. Skull & coconut mugs etc would also be in this category. The Hemmingway mug is too much of a stretch - likely classified as a 'character' mug.

Tikitacky, I stand corrected!

But are they low brow?...

Im not sure what that 'tiki slot machine' mug on page 4 counts as (?!) but I imagine most people would agree on low brow.

View Profile of AdOrAdam Send a personal message to AdOrAdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-24 3:58 pm   Permalink

Low brow to me means a tie in to comics, monsters, superheroes, hot rods, grafiti,and skateboarding, etc.. not fine literature....so that hemmingway mug hardly is low brow, in my opinion. It would fit perfectly in a tiki bar, as would the barrel and bamboo mug. again...my opinion. Just like we have all agreed that nautical decor fits in a tiki bar, and it does not really feature any tiki in it. Again, my opinion.

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2013-10-24 16:01 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-11-23 12:10 pm   Permalink

Tiki Farm just came out with three new mugs. Alas...

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-25 10:32 pm   Permalink

All designed by our own "Big Toe" (Tom)

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-11-26 3:04 pm   Permalink

Nice work, Tom! Congrats! If you can share, I'd be curious to know what the process is like designing for Tiki Farm?

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2013-11-29 08:55 am   Permalink

I no longer visit their site as a place to spend money, but at least it's good for a (sad) chuckle. Sure makes my trigger finger itch...

[ This Message was edited by: White Devil 2013-11-29 08:55 ]

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation