FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » New ebook -- Professor Cocktail’s Zombie Horde: Recipes for the World’s Most Lethal Drink
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
New ebook -- Professor Cocktail’s Zombie Horde: Recipes for the World’s Most Lethal Drink
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-11 07:45 am   Permalink

We do have Harris Teeter -- thanks for the tip.

Are you a Mid-Atlantic boy?

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-27 3:12 pm   Permalink

After much research (hey, there are a lot of Zombies to try out), The Atomic Grog weighs in with an exhaustive review. Plus, what the hell, a whole new take on the history of the Zombie.

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2013/11/27/zombies-regaining-critical-mass-new-e-book-features-86-deadly-recipes/

I compare the cocktail's rise and fall (and rise again) to the zombie movie genre's similar fate, and I analyze the book's 86 recipes. When you look at the table of contents as a timeline, it really does reflect how much the drink has taken off since Beachbum Berry discovered and published the Don the Beachcomber original in 2007.

Also included are a few recipes (that's Martin Cate's The Undead Gentleman above) plus a "Zombie face-off" that pits four notable versions of the drink in lethal combat.

In conclusion: Despite (or perhaps because of) the dedicated work of David Montgomery, it’s now clear that even more research is needed into every dark corner of Zombiedom. If that means subjecting myself to more recipes from Zombie Horde, so be it. It’s a scary job, but somebody has to do it.

Featuring The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-27 10:07 pm   Permalink

Whoa…! That write-up is a book in itself, what dedicated research, HH ! Great work, the professor should be pleased.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-28 12:32 am   Permalink

Mahalo bigbro! We take our Zombies seriously here at The Atomic Grog. But I do admit that trying to write after drinking some of these mad creations does create a bit of a challenge.

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-29 5:09 pm   Permalink

Love it! Great job. And thanks for the kind words!

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-03 1:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-11-11 07:45, djmont wrote:
We do have Harris Teeter -- thanks for the tip.

Are you a Mid-Atlantic boy?

Sorry, I lost track of my having posted on this thread.

Though I've been in Maryland for over twenty years now, I still call myself a New Englander.

Still working through your book. Aside from the DtB original Zombie, what are your 3 favorite versions that you cover in the book?

View Profile of Dr. Coruba Send a personal message to Dr. Coruba  Email Dr. Coruba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-03 4:03 pm   Permalink

I give very high marks to Martin's Undead Gentleman. Still my favorite out of the 10 or so from the book I have made.

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-04 3:25 pm   Permalink

By popular demand... There is now a print edition of Professor Cocktail's Zombie Horde: Recipes for the World's Most Lethal Drink!

You can order it from Amazon, Amazon UK, and Amazon's other European stores. I'm planning to offer signed copies for sale myself once I get a shipment of the books in. Those will probably only be available for U.S. shipping.

Thanks for all your support! You guys (and gals) are the best.

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-04 4:04 pm   Permalink

Awesome. I spent about an hour the other night saving screen grabs and only got about halfway through. Now i'll just buy the book instead.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-04 4:31 pm   Permalink

That definitely sounds easier.

djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-08 07:18 am   Permalink

In celebration of the release of my latest ebook, Professor Cocktail's Holiday Drinks: Recipes for Mixed Drinks and More, I'm running a sale on my Tiki ebook. For the next 2 days (starting right now, Sunday 12/8/2013), Professor Cocktail’s Zombie Horde: Recipes for the World’s Most Lethal Drink is available for only 99˘. After that, the price goes up to $1.99 for 2 days, and then returns to full price. So don't miss your chance! The reviews have been great and I think it's a lot of fun.

p.s. If you prefer a print edition, there's also one of those available for Zombie Horde. But it costs more.

AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-09 1:01 pm   Permalink

I just ordered my copy (got the paper version) and am looking forward to a whole new round of "medical experiments." heh...

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-09 1:11 pm   Permalink

Got the Kindle versions...thanks.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-16 09:34 am   Permalink

A couple weeks back Dr. Coruba asked me what my 3 favorite recipes from the book are. Having scrambled with brain cells with one too many Zombie, I forgot to answer.

I think the original 1934 Don the Beachcomber version is my overall favorite. The flavors are just so amazing. When I think of what a Zombie should taste like, I think of that drink.

The Don the Beachcomber 1956 variation is also a favorite. I love drinks with pineapple juice in them, so this one really hits some nice notes for me. I also love falernum, so I usually up the quantity to 1/2 ounce. I also put more grenadine. 1/4 teaspoon hardly seems like enough to bother with, so I put 1/4 ounce. (The Founding Farmer's Chief's Zombie is a nice variation on this formula.)

If I had to pick just one more, I would echo the comments of those above and select Martin Cate's The Undead Gentleman. It's such an elegant variation, while still retaining that core Zombie flavor.

That being said, I find the different modern versions of the Haitian Zombie (as first shared by Charles Baker Jr. in 1939) to be quite tasty. They don't necessarily put me in mind of a Zombie, but they're good drinks.

[ This Message was edited by: djmont 2013-12-16 09:35 ]

djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-17 06:10 am   Permalink

Just a heads-up... If any of you are interested in my other cocktail book, Professor Cocktail's Holiday Drinks: Recipes for Mixed Drinks and More, it's currently free to download from Amazon. The offer runs from now until 12/20.

Mele Kalikimaka!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation