FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food What's your latest rum purchase?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
What's your latest rum purchase?
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-28 2:13 pm   Permalink

I had a glass of Pusser's red label courtesy of a friend years ago when my rum appreciation was still in its infancy. I remember liking it, but also think I had it on ice with a squeeze of lime, totally defeating the purpose of a fine sipping rum. What the hell did I know?

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-28 5:10 pm   Permalink

Sunny & Rummy: Call Roy's before you make the trip; that's what I do. I get the Smith & Cross at Total Wine, it's cheaper.

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-28 5:14 pm   Permalink

AdroAdam: I do a lot of entertaining so I have plenty of help. This run was much larger than usual as I missed one of my usual runs and allowed my bar stash to get too low.

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-28 8:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-09-28 17:10, GentleHangman wrote:
Sunny & Rummy: Call Roy's before you make the trip; that's what I do. I get the Smith & Cross at Total Wine, it's cheaper.

I work at the oceanographic institute in Fort Pierce so it's only a 10 minute trip down to Roy's for me.

I have been shopping at Roy's for about 5 years, and I have still not worked up the nerve to go inside the Boozgeois Saloon.

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-30 04:12 am   Permalink

I just stocked up a couple more bottles of Havana Club 3 Anos which is without comparision the rum that I use the most at home. Especially in cocktails it makes for a big difference compared to their standard Anejo Blanco.

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-30 07:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-09-30 04:12, Klas wrote:
I just stocked up a couple more bottles of Havana Club 3 Anos which is without comparision the rum that I use the most at home. Especially in cocktails it makes for a big difference compared to their standard Anejo Blanco.

You are very fortunate! I have a half bottle left and I have a hard time bringing myself to use it.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-01 03:16 am   Permalink

Yeah, I know what you mean! Lots of various Havana Club rums readily available here but no Lemon Hart!

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-01 11:10 pm   Permalink

Driving from LA to Trader Dick's in Sparks Nevada, five days ago... passing through Carson City, saw a liquor store... Aloha Spirits... tiki torches and surfboards adorning the facade... stopped in and quite possibly purchased the very last bottle of Lemonhart 80 proof in the Silver State! For 20 bucks!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-02 01:09 am   Permalink

Nice find Eric.

Sunday-

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-02 07:56 am   Permalink

I love the way that liquor store looks. I wouldn't even care about finding anything!

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AdOrAdam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-02 1:37 pm   Permalink

Havana Club 3 is my preferred rum for mojitos & Hemmingways

Lunavideogames - which Saint James is that & how do you rate it?

My latest purchase:

Rum cask finish so Im spreading the word - it has a nice edge on it, in the same way the Plantation range has a nice edge from cognac barrels.

View Profile of AdOrAdam Send a personal message to AdOrAdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maitai Mike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-10-05 8:10 pm   Permalink

2 bottles of Coruba and an Aged Gold Cruzan.

View Profile of Maitai Mike Send a personal message to Maitai Mike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stormrider
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-10-09 11:01 am   Permalink

Still cant find Coruba or Kohala Bay. Just bought a bottle of Ron Bermudez Anejo. Really smooth straight in a brandy snifter with a good funk. Its only $16 a liter. Will try it in mixed cocktails this weekend.

Storm

View Profile of stormrider Send a personal message to stormrider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-09 10:42 pm   Permalink

I've bought Coruba before at Toledo Liquor & Wine, in Northport...

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AdOrAdam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-14 2:23 pm   Permalink

Deciding the 1st drink from the new stock will be hard!

View Profile of AdOrAdam Send a personal message to AdOrAdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation