FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food What's your latest rum purchase?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
What's your latest rum purchase?
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-14 9:23 pm   Permalink

Definitely the Smith & Cross!

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AdOrAdam
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-11-08 7:43 pm   Permalink

Chairmans Reserve rum.

IMO: Neat at first it feels a bit more mixer than sipper. Adding a bit of water or ice doesn't change it much for the better. If you mix it 'too much' the flavour disappears (eg 3 mins stirring in a old fashioned) & you might as well use something straight column distilled. If you 'lightly' mix it, its quite good (eg in an old fashioned with 30 second stir). It worked well with Peychauds bitters making me think that Rum Sazeracs could be in order.

To compare it to other 'english' style rums, it's got a pot stilled flavour neat with a little smokey / woody aftertaste ~ it's light but has some 'fuller' characteristics. Definately not an Appleton, for me it sits a slight step up from El Dorado 5 & Mount Gay, slightly below Angostura 1919.

Cheers all!

View Profile of AdOrAdam Send a personal message to AdOrAdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-12 10:35 am   Permalink

Kraken. Always more Kraken.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-12 10:49 am   Permalink

Some Hamiltons...

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-12 3:17 pm   Permalink

I got 4 Hamiltons, too, although I haven't opened the package yet. And some Cockspur overproof.

The Cockspur 130 is good. Definitely recommend it.

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-12 3:26 pm   Permalink

Which Hamiltons did you get, David? I hear that the cask strengths are disappearing.

I was able to snag the 7 year and 5 year cask strengths. They were sold out of the 9 (cask strength).

Just ordered some of the 8 (cask strength) with fingers crossed.

Cheers!

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-12 3:36 pm   Permalink

I got the Jamaicans, and the 7 year and 9 year St. Lucia, both regular strength.

I suppose I should have got the cask strength ones... But I opted for the regular instead. They're still high enough proof for me.

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-12 7:51 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-13 05:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-11-12 15:36, djmont wrote:
I got the Jamaicans, and the 7 year and 9 year St. Lucia, both regular strength.

I suppose I should have got the cask strength ones... But I opted for the regular instead. They're still high enough proof for me.

Really tasty and unique (I think, for what is available in our stores) rums. The Jamaican has a wonderful molasses aroma.

It looks like Hi-Time will be getting more in.

Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-13 09:12 am   Permalink

Anybody know if Total Wine will be stocking the Hamilton bottlings?

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-13 10:22 am   Permalink

They're currently only available in a few states. You might need to reach out to the distributors (and your local retailer) to light a fire.

http://caribbean-spirits.com/distributors.php

tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-13 10:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-11-12 15:17, djmont wrote:
I got 4 Hamiltons, too, although I haven't opened the package yet. And some Cockspur overproof.

The Cockspur 130 is good. Definitely recommend it.

Hey David,

May I ask where you found the Cockspur 130?

djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-13 11:33 am   Permalink

It was a sample from the PR person. I'm not sure if it's made its way into stores yet or not.

djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-13 1:35 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: djmont 2013-12-06 11:04 ]

djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-14 08:42 am   Permalink

I reviewed the new Cockspur overproof:

Cockspur 130 Overproof Rum

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation